Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after acquiring my 2019 EX-L AWD, I realized I wanted a roof basket. After comparing options, I picked up a Yakima Load Warrior with the 18" extension. Yakima swears it will fit on my vehicle. Having just assembled the beast, I realize that the spacing of the mounts that sit on the OEM cross bars is not ideal. Choices are 34" between mounts, or 30". Naturally, the factory cross bars are at about 32" separation front-to-back.

I am certain several forum participants have mounted one of these on a 2016 or later Pilot. Any advice on which spacing to use? If I cannot symmetrically mount the basket fore and aft, is it better to have the excess toward the rear of the roof?

Thanks for any help.

-C2

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should anyone be looking for a reference in the future, I mounted the basket with the mounts in the more narrow (~30") position. This seemed slightly closer to fit than the 34" setting. The front bracket was set in the third-from-end slot, and the rear in the fourth-from-end slot. The clamps do not close as symmetrically as I would like, but the attachment seems solid. Rack clears sunroof in the front and tailgate and shark fin antenna in the rear.

-C2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts