Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Pilot that I had lifted 3 inches and I know I have to replace my rear springs...(common sag) and my thought was while doing it, go ahead and put load assisting shocks on as well for added support. Has anyone found those spring loaded shocks for our vehicles? Where I live has a bit of rough terrain and I am just wanting to have maximum effort to absorb the road conditions. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After cross referencing...I am going with the Moog problem solvers 81649 along with the Monroe sensa-trac 58645 for now...I am hoping there is enough travel to not be an issue but seeing as they are close to factory specs with about 1/2" extra travel extension that it will not be a concern. Waiting for it all to show along with plugs...I like Nology silver plugs.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
@aggrex has it covered, most on here seem to go with airbags over helper shocks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
if your in the rust belt, getting the left rear spring out can be hampered removing the control arm to hub bolt. I broke the bolt, had to cut the control arm off, then replace the sleeved bushing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had it recently lifted and shouldn't be a problem...as it sits, it only has 55k on it,so it hasn't seen too much yet

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update...from what I can tell. The 58645 shocks would work good for a factory height pilot. I think raising it the 3 inches has the shock over extending and needs a longer travel...after going through basically every part number for the shocks and looking at lengths...I think the 58527 is a better fit for raised ones...I have yet to exchange them as I plan to call monroe direct to see if they tend to agree. I'll post factory dimensions and also that particular shock I was interested in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts