Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Elite
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Did a quick search but couldn't find an answer previously answered.
Anyway, on my 2020 Pilot, I find the Lane Keep Assist to be extremely sensitive, and it alerts me when I don't believe it's necessary. I thought I could turn off the feature. Maybe not?

Here, See that it's off (via MAIN):

Yet I still get the vibration and notification:

I've owned many older CRVs but this is my first Pilot and my first Honda with the newer infotainment system.
Any way to completely turn it off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
40 Posts
LKAS is a different system and as you pointed out, you have it disabled. What you are getting on the screen is a prompt from RDM (Road Departure Mitigation). The former, when enabled, should in theory keep you centered in your lane. RDM just gives you that feedback and pushes back a bit so you don’t accidentally leave your lane. While very similar, they are two separate systems.

There is a button to disable RDM on the left side of the wheel, right next to the button where you disable the parking sensors.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Elite
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LKAS is a different system and as you pointed out, you have it disabled. What you are getting on the screen is a prompt from RDM (Road Departure Mitigation). The former, when enabled, should in theory keep you centered in your lane. RDM just gives you that feedback and pushes back a bit so you don’t accidentally leave your lane. While very similar, they are two separate systems.

There is a button to disable RDM on the left side of the wheel, right next to the button where you disable the parking sensors.
THANK YOU!
I've been reading everything about the darn LKAS but completely forgot about the RDM.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Elite
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@jssrea - that did the trick. So easy. I must have bumped the button with my knee!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts