Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Looks great! Where are you sleeping? Tent?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Thanks!! I built a platform bed in the back. Removed the center row of seats for mega storage. It’s just my wife and I. We sleep better on this bed than we do at home.
Nice set up. Pics of the back as the bed?

·
Registered
2003 Pilot EX-L 4wd
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice set up. Pics of the back as the bed?
Thank you!

plywood platform, a 1x12 runner down the middle braced with 600# rated worth of steel braces, a 6” memory foam mattress. There’s 4 legs- 2 at the hatch side and 2 at the front seat side. The rear ones are heavy duty closet poles and the fronts are steel adjustable legs that go down to the floorboard. If I ever want to remove it (haven’t yet) it takes 3min to unscrew the front legs and slide the platform out. We camp a couple nights a week so I just leave it in full time.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Thank you!
View attachment 142709
View attachment 142710
View attachment 142711

plywood platform, a 1x12 runner down the middle braced with 600# rated worth of steel braces, a 6” memory foam mattress. There’s 4 legs- 2 at the hatch side and 2 at the front seat side. The rear ones are heavy duty closet poles and the fronts are steel adjustable legs that go down to the floorboard. If I ever want to remove it (haven’t yet) it takes 3min to unscrew the front legs and slide the platform out. We camp a couple nights a week so I just leave it in full time.
Oh WOW!! How superb, and simple!!

Strong work!! Very nice, I'm getting sleepy just looking at that bed!

I have done similar in my truck (my Dodge) bed, with really nice memory foam mattresses from time to time. I use a tent too with the mattresses in there too.

Reactions: heavy_meat

·
Registered
2003 Pilot EX-L 4wd
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh WOW!! How superb, and simple!!

Strong work!! Very nice, I'm getting sleepy just looking at that bed!

I have done similar in my truck (my Dodge) bed, with really nice memory foam mattresses from time to time. I use a tent too with the mattresses in there too.
Sounds awesome! And thanks for the kind words.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts