Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently leased a brand new 2021 Pilot. After delivery I noticed lots of tiny white dots on the side of the passenger seat, top of the seat on the leather and on the dash and glove box. It does rub off but I am curious to know what it is. Could it have anything to do with them misting the car with sanitizer for Covid? Anyone have any idea? Thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Being white it looks like residue from wax or polish of some type. Does it come of easily or with a bit of elbow grease needed?

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
🤔🔎🔬🧬🧪🧽

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Being white it looks like residue from wax or polish of some type. Does it come of easily or with a bit of elbow grease needed?
It does rub off with some windex on a rag. Originally I had thought it was overspray but it does not make sense because of where it is located. The exterior of my Pilot is white.
I thought maybe it has to do with the mist they spray in the car to sanitize it for Covid.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was a sticker inside my windshield that said Appearance Protection on it. I bought the vehicle from an Autonation dealer and they do sell an Appearance Protection Package which I did not pay for. It must have already been done to the vehicle. I wonder if it may be from the chemicals they used.

This is what it says on their website about it:
Appearance Coverage
  • Paint Protection protects your vehicle from the effects of acid rain, spotting, fading, oxidation, and loss of gloss.
  • Fabric Protection protects the interior fabric by preventing stains and discoloration allowing for quick and easy clean up.
  • Leather Protection inhibits UV damage, drying and the loss of soft, supple texture, fading, discoloration, staining, premature aging and cracking, rips, tears and burns

1 - 6 of 6 Posts