Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had dealer installed my signal mirrors and fog lights on the Pilot.Yesterday,I washed it for the first time (since I got the Pilot back).I found out that there were some little damages caused by dealer.A lot of paint chips on bumper and a few sratches on window glass,2 nuts weren't tightened.Should I compaint?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
baoloclamdong said:
Should I compaint?
Not sure?

First I would need to know what conpaint is? :2:

(OK, I am the last one who should be joking about typos)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Little damages.

N_Jay said:

Not sure?

Come on N_Jay,it's about the paint and the scratches on the window

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
For sure, I would complain. I would get them to properly apply touch up paint to get rid of the paint chips on the bumper at least. I don't know what they can do for the scratches on the windows. I would try to tighten the screws myself, but if I don't have the proper tools, then I'd get them to do it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RipRocK said:
For sure, I would complain. I would get them to properly apply touch up paint to get rid of the paint chips on the bumper at least. I don't know what they can do for the scratches on the windows. I would try to tighten the screws myself, but if I don't have the proper tools, then I'd get them to do it.
Thanks RipRock,I thought the same thing and I will do.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Little damages.

N_Jay said:

Not sure?

Irony: typing a typo (conpaint) when trying to point out another typo (compaint) by someone else...!!! :)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Geez

kemosabe said:

Irony: typing a typo (conpaint) when trying to point out another typo (compaint) by someone else...!!! :)
My typing is even worse than I thought!

·
Registered
7 Posts
touch-up paint or bumper refinishing?

I too have gotten a thin two-inch scratch on the plastic bumper (on the left side right in front of the left wheel).

A local Honda dealer told me that touch-up paint would definitely be visible. He mentioned that I could get the bumper "refinished" for about $250-$300 at any competent body shop.

Is there any other way to remove or cover the scratch in a way that the area will look "new" again? (I've only made ONE payment on the Pilot so I still have that "new car anxiety" thing happenning!!)

Or do I just have to suck it up and pay the $300 for a bumper refinishing?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: touch-up paint or bumper refinishing?

ltp said:
. . . .
Nope, you put teh $300 in your pocket to spend on somethiung you realy want, and think about it as saved $$ at the next scratch.

Remember, I's a CAR!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: touch-up paint or bumper refinishing?

ltp said:
I too have gotten a thin two-inch scratch on the plastic bumper (on the left side right in front of the left wheel).

A local Honda dealer told me that touch-up paint would definitely be visible. He mentioned that I could get the bumper "refinished" for about $250-$300 at any competent body shop.

Is there any other way to remove or cover the scratch in a way that the area will look "new" again? (I've only made ONE payment on the Pilot so I still have that "new car anxiety" thing happenning!!)

Drive it like it is and wait until the bumper really needs it, if ever. Last time I was up your way the traffic was as bad as it is here in Houston, ,,ummm will almost as bad. If you get it fixed and next week you get anther scratch, bump from someone they you would really be :3: :3: :3: :3:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Geez

N_Jay said:

My typing is even worse than I thought!
Dear N_Jay,
Eye halve a spelling chequer,
It came wit my pea sea.
It plainly Marx four my revue
Miss steaks eye can knot sea.
eye strike a quay and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar rite
It shows me strait a weigh
as soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose be four two long
An die can put the era rite,
its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye halve run this poem threw it,
And I'm shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh,
My chequer tolled me sew:2: :2:

·
Registered
194 Posts
What are the "signal mirrors" you had installed?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts