Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay so....I kinda don’t want to risk starting my car again!!!!!
So, past couple weeks I’ve been smelling a burning smell from the engine from time to time. And the last couple of months I’ve noticed sometimes the AC wouldn’t work. I’d turn it on and warm air would blow from the AC. Also a weird knock noise would come from the engine. So I just assumed the AC Clutch was bad🤷🏾(Shrugs)
But I just pulled over to a rest stop and parked my car. But then I heard a pouring sound. Like liquid pouring into a container or something. It’s kinda dark at this rest stop so I haven’t checked yet. But Should I even try to start this thing up?

***Had car since 2019
Never Had transmission fluid change
-Car Jults while driving after every turn or stop or accelerating
Just changed tires and had first alignment
- Burning smell didn’t come until after I had my alignment done
I really feel like there was other issue with the car but didn’t want to do the extra work and just did the alignment. (Shrugs)
Had My Front brakes changed in January but not the back ones
- Brake lights flashed on the other day!!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,201 Posts
First, check your brake fluid. It's one thing if your vehicle doesn't start, but quite another if it doesn't stop.

Now for your liquid sound, a couple of possibilities come to mind:

1. Blend control motor. Gurgling / Grinding from under dash near HVAC...RESOLVED!!
  2. A/C drains clogged and backing up: Have you checked your dangling hose and center nipple? Really. :)
    Condensation Leak from Cabin Air Filter Cover

Wet floor anyone?

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/69-2003-2008-pilot/139898-2006-gurgling-noise.html#post1437969

Once located, try sticking pen or a barbecue skewer up the hose, and just pinching the nipple.

Does anyone know how to unclog the AC drain

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Burning smell could be serpentine belt/AC clutch slipping. Knock sound? Make sure engine oil level is good, does it knock at idle? Use stethoscope to locate the source. Knocks when you turn on AC? That sounds like bad compressor. Jolting when start, stop, turning could be bad motor mounts. Front mount and passenger side wear out first.

Brake problems? plplplpl is right, fix this first. If you can't trust the brakes, don't drive the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts