Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our beautiful Sage EXL for almost two weeks now and are still amazed at how big it is and how nice it drives - no complaints at all! Unfortunately my garage is not quite as big as I wish it was, and the lift gate hits the garage door if allowed to raise to its full height. Is there a way to restrict the range of motion on the gate so this doesn't happen? Fortunately when it hits the door (yes, I'm afraid it has happened more than once) it touches the glass (not the paint) and is moving slow enough that it hasn't left any scratches...but repeated hits can't be good.

And yes, the plan is to get a bigger garage (attached to a new house) within the next year or so.

Thanks, I have really found this forum to be valuable and entertaining!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Put some padding on the door.
The garage door, not the pilot.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have the same problem! I keep a small square pillow in the back and place it on the Pilot where it's gonna ... :eek: hit!
UGH! An easy solution.
WARNING! Always remember to shut the Pilot hatch door before shutting garage door. NOT pretty. :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the same problem....

I went down to Home Depot and bought a whole bunch of pipe insulation. To hold the insulation in place on the garage door, I used some short wood screws and flat washers. Works like a charm. :D

If you try and limit the travel of the gate, some day you'll turn around and nail yourself right in the forehead with the gate. :eek:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had the same problem. But I developed an even more ingenious solution...

I BACK the Pilot into the garage!!!

:1pat:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: I had the same problem....

dcchew said:
I went down to Home Depot and bought a whole bunch of pipe insulation. To hold the insulation in place on the garage door, I used some short wood screws and flat washers. Works like a charm. :D

If you try and limit the travel of the gate, some day you'll turn around and nail yourself right in the forehead with the gate. :eek:
Good idea!
Yea - I find myself "ducking" at the height it is now. I'm 5'10" and I know it's not gonna :bonk: me but I still "duck"!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was thinking of using a long bungee to hook from the latch on the gate down to the latch on the car and cutting it to length so it would stop just shy of hitting the door. COuld get in the way though.:mad:

Good idea dcchew. I was also thinking of the pipe insulation and will definetly do that for added protection when I forget and fling it open.:p

·
Registered
76 Posts
MY garage door too is kinda low, so I looked for an old water hose lying around, slit it lengthwise and jammed the garage door end with it. The result it quite like dcchew's but I didn't have to glue or screw anything on the door. I've done this a year ago when I still had a Caravan and still stays in place.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had the same problem.

Just went to Wal Mart. Bought a cheap carpet mat. Stapled it on the garage door. Works great!:29:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
zotomomo said:
Had the same problem.

Just went to Wal Mart. Bought a cheap carpet mat. Stapled it on the garage door. Works great!:29:
ANOTHER great idea!! :4:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts