Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took over my wifes 2015 Pilot and I do a fair amount of beach driving. I am not thrilled with the OEM lighting so looking to upgrade...2 questions:

1) If I put in LED bulbs in the low beam will that cause issues with the Daytime Running lamps? I had a high beam out and I guess the change in power usage caused the DRL light on console to go on. Once I replaced bulb I had no issue.

2) I watched a video to add a bull bar and was not thrilled with how it mounted, and required drilling into bumper support which to me adds a nice place for rust to start. I want to add some fogs for the beach, is there any other mounting options without a bull bar or brush guard? I was thinking on the roof rack but they are so far back onto the roof it seems like I would lose half the light hitting the roof.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
  1. LEDs in the low beam have nothing to do with your DRLs, so no issues. I will caution you to use quality, proven LEDs that provide sample beam patterns on various vehicles so you are not blinding other drivers. Supernova V4s are a favorite of mine.
  2. I haven't seen many people mount a light bar or pods on the 2nd gen Pilot... The problem is if your lights aren't mounted to something rigid they will bounce as you hit bumps, so no matter what you either need to fabricate a bracket using existing bolts or drills for new ones. POR-15 on drilled holes always works nicely for me.
Honestly, the best option is a quality retrofit in the headlights. A good projector (we have the FX-R) provides excellent width, brightness, and an excellent cutoff. Since they are bixenon the high beams are incredible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts