Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a set of lighted running boards but I have not found anyone who can tell me how to hook the lights up so they will come on with the key-less entry (or when you open the doors).

Please help.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
;) just hook it up with the door lights, it turns on when you turn off the car, open the doors, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already been tried, did not work with the Pilot. Even took it to a shop that specializes in things like this. They said they wished that they had never started on the job.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Albert said:
Already been tried, did not work with the Pilot. Even took it to a shop that specializes in things like this. They said they wished that they had never started on the job.

Any other suggestions?
If the professional can't do it, why don't you try my way?

Cut the wires, paint those light windows to black. Da La!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Albert said:
I have installed a set of lighted running boards but I have not found anyone who can tell me how to hook the lights up so they will come on with the key-less entry (or when you open the doors).

Please help.
By chance, did you purchase these lighted running boards here?

If so, I would ask them for support. If not, it would not hurt to ask for their help @ (678) 990-2875.

According to their auction for the Pilot lighted running boards, "They come with easy to follow instructions as well all mounting hardware that is specific to your vehicle, NOT a universal application. A Tech support phone number is available for installation questions to auction winners. When wired properly the lights will illuminate when you hit the unlock button on your keyless entry remote and/or when you open your doors." It may be worth a phone call.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) just hotwire it with the door lights, either in series if you cannot find the ground or parallel. it should work!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Albert

2 questions:

Are your running boards the lighted ones offered by Bones Enterprises, in their eBay auctions?

Have you been able to resolve your problem with the lights?

I'm very interested in a set of these boards, but I'd like to know if you have been able to get yours to work. Or, if anyone else has installed lighted running boards, perhaps you could share some information? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sequoia came with running boards, lights come on when you open the locks with the keyless thing. I did pay for it, though....the Toyota was more expensive. Still trying to swap mine for an Accord...

fwiw

:15:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Around 91/92 I put a set of premium lighted aftermarket running boards on our G. Caravan (which we still drive). I really like the look but the bulbs (total of 12) must be replaced frequently due to failure. Unless the bulbs on the new boards are protected well I would go with the regular boards especially if you don't like being on your back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts