Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove home with my new 21 SE and noticed a scratch on the black plastic above the wheel well. It doesn't seem deep when I touch it. My question is, is there anything I can do to fix this short of getting a new black panel?? Land vehicle Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can fix if, but it may not be perfect.

A product like Back to Black should diminish its appearance to where you can’t really see it, but you’ll have to reapply it later.

A more aggressive fix, which is also riskier, is to use a heat gun or a hair dryer (if it’s hot enough), and gently heat it up to where just the very top layer melts a bit and solidifies again, which will make the plastic dark again. Go slow and be careful if you go with this option, and move the heat around. There are YouTube videos with instructions. I’ve done this with my rear bumper and it worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can fix if, but it may not be perfect.

A product like Back to Black should diminish its appearance to where you can’t really see it, but you’ll have to reapply it later.

A more aggressive fix, which is also riskier, is to use a heat gun or a hair dryer (if it’s hot enough), and gently heat it up to where just the very top layer melts a bit and solidifies again, which will make the plastic dark again. Go slow and be careful if you go with this option, and move the heat around. There are YouTube videos with instructions. I’ve done this with my rear bumper and it worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks sir, I'll try the first option to see how that works first then go from there.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Just drove home with my new 21 SE and noticed a scratch on the black plastic above the wheel well. It doesn't seem deep when I touch it. My question is, is there anything I can do to fix this short of getting a new black panel?? View attachment 148930
Stop texting your ex. :p

Seriously, though, Back to Black.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
66 Posts
Just drove home with my new 21 SE and noticed a scratch on the black plastic above the wheel well. It doesn't seem deep when I touch it. My question is, is there anything I can do to fix this short of getting a new black panel?? View attachment 148930
Did you just buy it?
Take it back to the dealership they will most likely replace it at no charge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you just buy it?
Take it back to the dealership they will most likely replace it at no charge.
I did, I sent a text to my salesman. He's gonna see what they can do. I'm not getting my hopes up so I'll be buying the back to black just in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts