Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! When I picked up my 2019 pilot Elite, the light bar (the one that changes color with speed) was blue like the rest of the dash and matches my pilot door sills that light up. For no reason at all, it went away and now it’s either white or going through the colors. The guy who installed parts in my car says that it CAN be changed. He didn’t say how and now he’s gone. Someone help!!

·
Banned
379 Posts
It changes with gas efficiency. White is actually not good. Green is what you want. Read manual. I'm assuming that you're talking about the one at the very top of instrument cluster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know about the gas efficiency lighting. If you turn that off, the default color is white, but when we picked up our car, we loved that it had the blue lighting to match the ambient lighting in the car. I just want it back to that beautiful blue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did that. Now it is constant white, however, it used to be constant blue. I want that back. In the Odyssey it’s easy. There is a color theme option but they didn’t put that option in the elite Pilot. Any ideas on how to change the bar from white to blue?? I know how to change it to the “always changing” fuel efficiency lighting. I just want my blue back!! ?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did that. Now it is constant white, however, it used to be constant blue. I want that back. In the Odyssey it’s easy. There is a color theme option but they didn’t put that option in the elite Pilot. Any ideas on how to change the bar from white to blue?? I know how to change it to the “always changing” fuel efficiency lighting. I just want my blue back!! ?
Are you certain it was blue at some point? I don’t quite recall that being the case.

Not quite the same thing, but have you tired to enable/disable the tachometer to see if that changes anything for you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I haven’t and I will try that but yes, I’m positive it was blue. I have photos of it being blue

·
Registered
220 Posts
Maybe it's me, but I never understood the point of that..... besides a cool color changing effect... I don't look down there when driving to see what color it is... or do I stare at it to see the color change( thus distracting me from the road)....

Reactions: Tourist2012

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I couldn’t care less about the color changing. The reason I’d like to know how to do it is because the bright white hurts my eyes. I have some eye issues and this makes them hurt. When it was the beautiful cool blue, my eyes didn’t hurt when I drove plus...all the other lighting in my car is that same blue.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I couldn’t care less about the color changing. The reason I’d like to know how to do it is because the bright white hurts my eyes. I have some eye issues and this makes them hurt. When it was the beautiful cool blue, my eyes didn’t hurt when I drove plus...all the other lighting in my car is that same blue.
I went slightly off topic on how to make the color static, but I agree, i don't think the color changing provides any benefit, might as well make it user controllable...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts