Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Anyone know if the hks lift is any good?
Not familiar with hks but similar lift kits can be found on eBay from a variety of names. They all have an unknown build quality and rep so buyer beware is my two cents. The hks lift kit you posted does not have any rear shock extensions so what will you use?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Hard to tell without knowing who made it.
I'm so disappointed. 😐
I saw this thread go to the top with your name on it, and I thought for sure you lifted your 2020 Passport. ☹

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,644 Posts
I'm so disappointed. 😐
I saw this thread go to the top with your name on it, and I thought for sure you lifted your 2020 Passport. ☹
Well I have though about it, but if I do I will use the Jsport Kit. A bit more expensive, but a known commodity.
Have the fumoto valve, and skid plate already, and putting on the ATF cooler.

If I end up needing more cargo area I will get a Surco Safari 5.0 Rack for the roof. I like the Safari 5.0 as it mounts to the roof rails, no cross bars needed, making it lower profile.

The surprising thing is, I am actually thinking of using my Passport to haul a small tear drop. I'm getting to where I don't want to sleep on the ground any longer, plus it's light, small and made for overland camping. Besides it would make a nice road trip to Eugene OR to pick it up when it is built.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Well I have though about it, but if I do I will use the Jsport Kit. A bit more expensive, but a known commodity.
Have the fumoto valve, and skid plate already, and putting on the ATF cooler.

If I end up needing more cargo area I will get a Surco Safari 5.0 Rack for the roof. I like the Safari 5.0 as it mounts to the roof rails, no cross bars needed, making it lower profile.
Some AT tires?
Wouldn't be one like it in the whole state of Kansas.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,644 Posts
Yeah, probably the Nitro Grappler & 18" wheels. If I go with the Terra Drop, it will end up being equipped with the exact same tire and wheel. One of their features is matching tires and wheels to a particular vehicle, which is kind of nice. You would always have a spare wheel or two or three or even 4 depending on what you choose to carry for the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Yeah, probably the Nitro Grappler & 18" wheels. If I go with the Terra Drop, it will end up being equipped with the exact same tire and wheel. One of their features is matching tires and wheels to a particular vehicle, which is kind of nice. You would always have a spare wheel or two or three or even 4 depending on what you choose to carry for the vehicle.
Couple of us were thinking the same areas to the tear drop design .. myself i'm going for the custom built one on 6 x 10 trailer .. using an axle from an old CJ series . Eventually my off road burban will handle the pulling part. It's going to be designed for a pull out tent on top of the trailer to house 5 people easily. i'm also at the age where sleeping on the ground is getting harder and harder each year.

Here is an idea of what is being built in my garage it's not my Idea obviously but I like the design .

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Looks nice, but park that thing just once in this city and that light bar gets crushed by some bozo parallel parking, wiggling into the tiny space in front of you. :mad:

Looks more like a bull bar than a brush guard.

Like the roof basket and the window ventshades. (y)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Guess I never shared on here..
My 07
2in ready lift kit on new Monroe quick struts. With a Monroe ride-a-just helper shock/spring.
Running Hankook Dynapro AT2s in a 255/70r16 on some Rota Grids in the 16x7+20et

I do also have a 1in subframe kit from HRG that just hasn't been installed yet.. As well as some factory fender flares

It's my wife's car and serves well for the daily duties with occasional trail jaunts. I save the real offloading for my 83 Toyota

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
As well as some factory fender flares
Did you say "fender flares"? And they're not even installed yet?

What color? What fair price do you want for them? :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
@plplplpl check out those fender flares ...could be the 🦄 unicorn you’re looking for. They are much more functional than the OEM style fender flares.
EB324375-E631-438C-9303-3D1967DC00FD.jpeg

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
21 - 40 of 43 Posts