Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Look at kits from 1-2" Traxada, ReadyLift, etc to get some ideas. Less expensive alternatives may be available. Keep in mind that 3" lifts may result in excess CV axle angle, vibrations with decreased CV life. These are typical issues when lifting IFS vehicles.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
A spacer lift with taller tires, 3" is possible but probably the upper end of what you can do without custom parts. As @aggrex said, the higher you spacer lift an independent suspension setup the more you should expect increased wear on CV axles, alignment issues, vibration issues, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I accidentally overloaded my 2009 pilot and pretty much broke the rear suspension. I went to a spring shop and told the guy i was interested in lifting my pilot a little and putting stronger springs since i do long rides with a lot of cargo. He suggested custom springs with an extra 500 lbs of load capability and 2 inches lift. I did it and it came out great. I have a 2 inch level kit in the front but i want to do custom springs in the front instead. I have oversized general grabber tires on it also. I take it off-roading on soft sand by the beach with no issues now

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The lifted Pilot looks great! Probably need to watch your load capacity if you're breaking suspension parts. Perhaps some Firestone air helper springs will help keep the load better balanced. Any special springs will have to be custom as the aftermarket choices are slim to none. Moog is one company that makes replacement springs for the Pilot.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Looks good for sure. Make sure you are changing your drivetrain fluids more regularly if you are hauling heavy, follow the severe service recommendation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts