Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I’m sure there’s a thread about this somewhere but has anyone found a lift kit for the 09-15 models? I’ve been searching and can’t seem to find anything. I was also wondering if there was an exhaust mod that anyone recommended... I’m considering replacing the middle resonator with a magnaflow universal. Let me know thoughts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2005 Pilot still has all of it's original exhaust system, as does my 1995 Pilot. I wouldn't mess with either the exhaust or height.

The new Corvette is a bargain!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
There are some spacer lifts that will get you 1.5-2" (I think readylift may have had a kit among others)... anything higher you're looking at custom subframe drops.

Exhaust is something very few have done... check out youtube for some videos. It's hard to get the right tone for this engine to sound refined and not ricey, choose very carefully. I think I'd contact RV6 Performance and see what they recommend for mufflers, they have tons of experience with the J series engine and their cars always sound awesome.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I never heard of a 1995 Honda Pilot.....

Please post a photo.....I am curious as to what they looked like.....

Thanks.....

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I'm thinking of doing this with mine relocating it to the front of the rear wheel

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
The problem with the 2nd gen is then you will have two cutouts in the rear bumper where the factory exhaust is supposed to be. I love the look of the exhaust in front of the rear tire but I couldn't live with the holes in the rear bumper.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Either fill them in and paint match or find that Russian rear bumper or install the rear tire bumper it covers it also

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I don't have the skills to fiberglass and fill them in... I'll have to look up the Russian bumper I didn't realize it didn't have the exhaust cutouts.

And that custom bumper is really cool but I bet it would be super expensive to get. Do you have any front pics of that Pilot or what it is called so I can look it up? I quite like it.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I don't have the skills to fiberglass and fill them in... I'll have to look up the Russian bumper I didn't realize it didn't have the exhaust cutouts.

And that custom bumper is really cool but I bet it would be super expensive to get. Do you have any front pics of that Pilot or what it is called so I can look it up? I quite like it.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I was hoping for a custom front bumper... slightly disappointed there... not surprised by the seats but the roll cage surprises me, wonder if they actually did something serious with it...

From what I understand a lot of Hondas' entries into Baja and what-not have done pretty well...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
What I found out they lifted the Pilot and also did an ECM tune would have loved to see what they did under the hood.my biggest issue is trying to find these american racing rims that they have on it

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I'm not a huge aftermarket wheel fan, but those ones do look pretty good on that Pilot. Not sure how well they would translate to a stock Pilot though.

The 2nd gen, or "Tonka Toy" as you lovingly refer to it, certainly lends itself to the more off-road style mods than street cruiser style. That's why my wife liked it so much.

Also, since you are a 'Hoe lover... what do you think of the new 'Hoe and 'Burb revealed yesterday? I think after seeing the Silverado it's a much better interpretation of the design language but I'm gonna wait for the Y and YXL and especially the YXLD (my dad has an '11 YXLD that I adore) and see what they do.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I'm not a huge aftermarket wheel fan, but those ones do look pretty good on that Pilot. Not sure how well they would translate to a stock Pilot though.

The 2nd gen, or "Tonka Toy" as you lovingly refer to it, certainly lends itself to the more off-road style mods than street cruiser style. That's why my wife liked it so much.

Also, since you are a 'Hoe lover... what do you think of the new 'Hoe and 'Burb revealed yesterday? I think after seeing the Silverado it's a much better interpretation of the design language but I'm gonna wait for the Y and YXL and especially the YXLD (my dad has an '11 YXLD that I adore) and see what they do.
yes my wife "the Boss" also likes the 2nd gen for the off road style options ... yes the fisher price truck will always be there so much damn plastic ..that's Honda .. as for the suburban the front end is from the land rover design including the headlights.. also the roof incline you loose space back there ... not interested i'll stay with the k1500 series.

I do like the option of diesel though... I'll wait to see how GM goes no matter what they do transmission will take a dump before 100k ... i'm putting in a cummins with an allison transmission if i was to go with that option

·
Registered
217 Posts
What I found out they lifted the Pilot and also did an ECM tune would have loved to see what they did under the hood.my biggest issue is trying to find these american racing rims that they have on it
I love the stance.....but I don't like any side exit exhaust.....except maybe a classic Ford Cobra or a classic Chevrolet Corvette.....

You should be able to buy those wheels easily at most wheel shops.....

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Agreed about the exhaust I would drop it behind the wheel since I already found the rear tire holder its coming from a jeep it plugs / mounts into the trailer hitch. As for the wheels I am having a hard time finding something close to them I looked on places like tire rack etc no luck ..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts