Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer had a dealer plate holder on the back of the Pilot with the 30 day tag. I can't use the surround because it covers up part of the information on my state's tags. I was surprised when I took it off that there were just 2 bolts and the tag goes directly against the car's paint. Did the dealer remove something that was part of the car origionally to stick that surround on, or is it really just 2 bolts and touching the paint on your new car? I ask since the front had 4 bolts and the plastic holder for the plate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
I have put a plate holder on mine and I had to put 2 pieces of soft foam insulation behind the plate to keep it from rattling and scratcing the paint. the foam had to be about 1-1 1/2 inches thiick to do any good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
my3kids said:
The dealer had a dealer plate holder on the back of the Pilot with the 30 day tag. I can't use the surround because it covers up part of the information on my state's tags. I was surprised when I took it off that there were just 2 bolts and the tag goes directly against the car's paint. Did the dealer remove something that was part of the car origionally to stick that surround on, or is it really just 2 bolts and touching the paint on your new car? I ask since the front had 4 bolts and the plastic holder for the plate.
Mine came with a plastic frame with 4 holes, but only two holes are used for mounting. There was foam pads from the factory behind the bottom plate holes to prevent the plate from touching the paint and rattling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,117 Posts
Try bumpons

my3kids said:
The dealer had a dealer plate holder on the back of the Pilot with the 30 day tag. I can't use the surround because it covers up part of the information on my state's tags. I was surprised when I took it off that there were just 2 bolts and the tag goes directly against the car's paint. Did the dealer remove something that was part of the car origionally to stick that surround on, or is it really just 2 bolts and touching the paint on your new car? I ask since the front had 4 bolts and the plastic holder for the plate.
Try 3M bumpons
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I guess it came from Honda all naked back there? I just thought maybe the dealer had taken off the stock plate holder/protector and put their own on. If they all come bare, I'll have to go get my own something or other. (It did have 2 small foam squares about 2/3 way down and about 1/3 of the way in on both sides....not anywhere near where it would be be bolted if there were holes. I looked in the catalogue, and strangely, there isn't a holder shown on the front in any of the photos, but I thought the one on my car must have been part of the origional vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
What I Did...

You know that plastic "dealership" placard that dealers put on the vehicle to identify them? Well, I took that plastic and put it behind the license plate in an effort to protect the paint from having the license plate being right up against the paint.

I also purchased new license plate frames (chrome which looks great on the sagebrush paint) and had to put little rubber feet on the underside of my license plate, because the thing vibrated and was driving me nuts.

The vibration is fixed, the paint is protected and I'm one happy PILOTeer!


PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pear-EX
Parker, CO


PS-I'm spending some time in Dallas and I'm driving a Ford Escape rental car - whatta piece of crap compared to the PILOT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
Re: What I Did...

Put the bumpons on the car not the plate.
If they are on the plate it will rub a hole in the paint eventually.

Mine has 2 foam squares on the body under the plate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: What I Did...

N_Jay said:


[ S N I P P E D ]

Mine has 2 foam squares on the body under the plate.
Ditto...

Also removed the "Criswell Honda" frame from the front and back, too... (the dealer didn't pay me to advertise for them)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What I Did...

kemosabe said:


Ditto...

Also removed the "Criswell Honda" frame from the front and back, too... (the dealer didn't pay me to advertise for them)
I had the dealer remove them BEFORE I ever drove it off the lot!!!


:2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: What I Did...

colorider said:


I had the dealer remove them BEFORE I ever drove it off the lot!!!

I saw the "advertisement" bracket after the Pilot was prepped, but my salesguy was a nice guy and I didn't have the heart to tell him to remove it -- didn't want to hurt his feelings and I was anxious to enjoy our new ride, so I didn't feel like stirring the hornet's nest over something that I could remove myself in 5 minutes or less.... :p ;) YMMV :D :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What I Did...

kemosabe said:


I saw the "advertisement" bracket after the Pilot was prepped, but my salesguy was a nice guy and I didn't have the heart to tell him to remove it -- didn't want to hurt his feelings and I was anxious to enjoy our new ride, so I didn't feel like stirring the hornet's nest over something that I could remove myself in 5 minutes or less.... :p ;) YMMV :D :cool:
I had specifically requested that they NOT install the decal before I arrived. But there it was!!:eek: So, I had the salesman remove it!!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top