Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
Inner boot torn on my LHS driveshaft. Bought Beck & Arnley's replacement boot (103-2968) and planning to d o the job shortly.
The workshop manual calls for draining of transmission oil. I'm wondering if I can do it without draining, or is the level going to be too high and will start spilling the moment I pull the driveshaft out?
I recall doing the same on a Subaru without spilling as much as a drop of oil.

All shops are closed now here due to this pandemic hysteria and I have no access to vehicle lift, so, need to improvise. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
As far As I can remember no fluid should come out. if it does it will be very little.

·
Registered
242 Posts
As stated above very little or none will escape. No need to drain fluid. Why do you need a lift? Easily done with jack stands. The half shaft is on the right side, not left. More involved than LS .

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, folks, for your replies and help. Will be doing the job next week now, parts got held up.
EHONDA1 - sorry, I was talking about the lift in context of ATF oil change, I know I can do the drive shaft with just jack stands, but it gets a bit tight to properly drain the transmission fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts