Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent really paid much attention to this. but i know there are LEV / ULEV / SULEV etc stickers on accords and civics. does anyone have LEV (ULEV in Calif.) stickers on their pilots? i think i remember seeing them on one, but ours doesnt have any. i know MDX's have them (LEV). not really important, but just something i noticed :D .

·
Registered
300 Posts
ULEV

I have ULEV on an Engine Cover with a big GREEN letter. My friend have an LX and EX which doesn't have that ULEV on, only LEV. Don't know why

·
Registered
483 Posts
The ULEV stands for Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I also have ULEV on the engine cover on my EX-L.

·
Registered
483 Posts
sfhondapilot said:
I also have ULEV on the engine cover on my EX-L.
I'm sure all of the Pilots (LX or Ex) will be rated ULEV.

·
Registered
305 Posts
actually, CA and NY sometimes get different vehicles... check it out:

http://www.epa.gov/autoemissions/suv-03.htm

so (although its not listed on that site) there could be 2 different Pilots. Those rated for CA and NY and those for the rest of us. I'll have to check ours when I get home.

·
Registered
115 Posts
iivtecracerii said:
i havent really paid much attention to this. but i know there are LEV / ULEV / SULEV etc stickers on accords and civics. does anyone have LEV (ULEV in Calif.) stickers on their pilots? i think i remember seeing them on one, but ours doesnt have any. i know MDX's have them (LEV). not really important, but just something i noticed :D .
My Pilot has a very large label on the Engine that says : "ULEV"

·
Registered
330 Posts
I happened to look at the Pilot brochure that I received from American Honda before my purchase. The cover letter that came with it says,
Because the Pilot is a Low-Emission Vehicle (LEV) or, for specified models, an Ultra-Low-Emission Vehicle (ULEV).*
(Incomplete sentence is theirs, not mine!) The footnote says,
*CARB-certified ULEV in California and parts of the Northeast. LEV-certified in the rest of the country.
Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

-shutrbug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts