Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, folks, 2011 Honda Pilot here with ~230,000 Kms on the ODO.
Was trying to diagnose that friggin' shimmy at 120km/h and other issues. Thinking shocks are gone, but was very much surprised by the engine moving when I was shaking a LHS wheel trying to see if there was any issues with the wheel hub bearing. The engine literally lifts when the wheel is moved side-to-side with enough energy (I'm no Hulk by any means).

Not liking the play in the left-hand-side transmission mount. What do you all think? This is the support moving with not much of an effort prying it with a screwdriver.
Link to video

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,187 Posts
Is the rubber on the tranny mount torn? I couldn’t see that from the video.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the rubber on the tranny mount torn? I couldn’t see that from the video.
From the outside, it doesn’t look torn. But, for my taste, it’s moving too freely, but I don’t have a reference point to go by. I especially didn’t like the part that I could cause the engine to move while shaking the wheel sideways.
Ordered new mount now, along with the shocks and struts that I decided to replace after all, will compare once I put new mount in.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
Hello, folks, 2011 Honda Pilot here with ~230,000 Kms on the ODO.
Was trying to diagnose that friggin' shimmy at 120km/h and other issues. Thinking shocks are gone, but was very much surprised by the engine moving when I was shaking a LHS wheel trying to see if there was any issues with the wheel hub bearing. The engine literally lifts when the wheel is moved side-to-side with enough energy (I'm no Hulk by any means).

Not liking the play in the left-hand-side transmission mount. What do you all think? This is the support moving with not much of an effort prying it with a screwdriver.
Link to video
Thanks for the video.
The mount is shot and needs replacing. You may want to check them all.

Reactions: borsch

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the video.
The mount is shot and needs replacing. You may want to check them all.
Yup, thanks, I suspected so. Will check the front/rear tonight when wife is back with the car. No ACM codes in the system when Iooked last time, so I’ll just check them the old-fashioned way (hit the gas with brakes engaged).
Left was fine when I did the timing belt 80k km ago, but will have a look too. Gotta do rear bank valve cover gasket later, will do the right one then, if it’s toast.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RHS engine mount is loose too, replacement ordered, will do simultaneously with the LHS just to be done with it.
Front and rear ACM engine mounts seem to be OK for now (knock on wood) - no ACM codes present, engine rocking font/back looks normal during testing.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick update: new LHS (transmission) mount installed and is only marginally stiffer than the old in terms of movement, not really much of an improvement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts