Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,

My 2015 touring has been steering to the left everytime I accelerate, and I can feel resistance at the steering wheel as I try to keep it straight. It tiresome when taking long trips. I took it to get aligned 3 times already and no change. Could this be caused by bad lower control Rm bushings? Strutts seem to be in good condition and motor mounts as well. It only has 100k miles on it. Any all all feedback is welcomed.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Just something I found that my be useful...
CONDITIONS THAT CAN INCREASE TORQUE STEER
Any or all of the following conditions can aggravate an existing torque steer problem as well as cause it to appear in a FWD vehicle that previously didn't experience torque steer:

Unequal front tire inflation pressure side to side

Unequal camber (the car will pull towards the side with the greatest amount of positive camber).

Toe misalignment (both static toe or toe-out when steering).

Unequal caster side-to-side

Incorrect ride height (nose too high).

Misalignment between the transaxle, driveshafts and chassis.

Front tires with unequal wear.

Loose or worn wheel bearings

Looseness or worn parts in the steering linkage or rack.

Worn or loose control arm bushings

Control arm bushings that are too soft and allow too much movement under load

Excessive front wheel offset (deep dish aftermarket wheels)

Rear axle misalignment

A dragging brake caliper on one side

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just something I found that my be useful...
CONDITIONS THAT CAN INCREASE TORQUE STEER
Any or all of the following conditions can aggravate an existing torque steer problem as well as cause it to appear in a FWD vehicle that previously didn't experience torque steer:

Unequal front tire inflation pressure side to side

Unequal camber (the car will pull towards the side with the greatest amount of positive camber).

Toe misalignment (both static toe or toe-out when steering).

Unequal caster side-to-side

Incorrect ride height (nose too high).

Misalignment between the transaxle, driveshafts and chassis.

Front tires with unequal wear.

Loose or worn wheel bearings

Looseness or worn parts in the steering linkage or rack.

Worn or loose control arm bushings

Control arm bushings that are too soft and allow too much movement under load

Excessive front wheel offset (deep dish aftermarket wheels)

Rear axle misalignment

A dragging brake caliper on one side
Why do people think that copy and paste equals contributing? We all can google something and paste it. But I believe we all come here to hear from PERSONAL experiences or professional knowledge. Either way copy and paste is not welcome.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Why do people think that copy and paste equals contributing? We all can google something and paste it. But I believe we all come here to hear from PERSONAL experiences or professional knowledge. Either way copy and paste is not welcome.
Whoa there son, Whoa there

OP posted this:
'Could this be caused by bad lower control Rm bushings? Strutts seem to be in good condition and motor mounts as well. It only has 100k miles on it. Any all all feedback is welcomed. '

Then rags on NG for answering his question.

Why would you have it aligned THREE times?

One thing not on the list, that may or may not be your problem, a corroded or loose front subframe mount to the chasis. Has anyone checked that?

Dial it back a bit, OK?

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
First of all, what I copied and pasted covers a wide range of what could be the issue. I haven't drove or seen your vehicle. You might have 500Lbs of bag cement on the tailend for all I know. Obviously your still sesrching. The idea here is to share our experiences and zero in on what may fix our issues. There are thousands of people reading this thread that may have a similar issue and would appreciate knowing your journey to a fix.
So you ruled out frontend alignment as a non fix. What are you going to try next? Any noises that may give any indication of a problem for one of the suggestions on the list? You mentioned lower control arm bushings. That's on the list.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whoa there son, Whoa there

OP posted this:
'Could this be caused by bad lower control Rm bushings? Strutts seem to be in good condition and motor mounts as well. It only has 100k miles on it. Any all all feedback is welcomed. '

Then rags on NG for answering his question.

Why would you have it aligned THREE times?

One thing not on the list, that may or may not be your problem, a corroded or loose front subframe mount to the chasis. Has anyone
First of all, what I copied and pasted covers a wide range of what could be the issue. I haven't drove or seen your vehicle. You might have 500Lbs of bag cement on the tailend for all I know. Obviously your still sesrching. The idea here is to share our experiences and zero in on what may fix our issues. There are thousands of people reading this thread that may have a similar issue and would appreciate knowing your journey to a fix.
So you ruled out frontend alignment as a non fix. What are you going to try next? Any noises that may give any indication of a problem for one of the suggestions on the list? You mentioned lower control arm bushings. That's on the list.
My apologies, you are correct.

There is hard vibration when I drive on gravel, almost as if my tires were made of hard rubber.

Thanks for your time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts