Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read information saying that I should replace the door/lock actuator for my problem. So I replaced the actuator, but the automatic lock does still does not fix the left rear door. I can only unlock the door by using the manual button/switch control to lock or unlock the door. The other 3 doors work fine with power lock.

I am wondering what else could be the problem? Is there a fuse that would affect the power to the rear door lock but not the other doors? I read something about the solenoid but was unsure if that was applicable to vehicle with door actuators.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,310 Posts
Start by checking for loose, corroded or damaged wires going into the door.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I read information saying that I should replace the door/lock actuator for my problem. So I replaced the actuator, but the automatic lock does still does not fix the left rear door. I can only unlock the door by using the manual button/switch control to lock or unlock the door. The other 3 doors work fine with power lock.

I am wondering what else could be the problem? Is there a fuse that would affect the power to the rear door lock but not the other doors? I read something about the solenoid but was unsure if that was applicable to vehicle with door actuators.
When I bought my pilot I needed to do a door actuator. I first tested the new part by connecting it and had someone hit the auto lock button as it was in my hand. It moved thankfully, but I was ready to check the wiring if not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay. I will have to look at the wires. I did not notice any damage to the wires. I replaced the window actuator and then the door actuator. The window had stopped working and that kicked off my exploration into my door issues. The window works fine now. I touched the wires while working on door and did not notice any corrosion or damage when I was working with them.
Maybe the best step would be to test the wire going to the actuator to see that the wire is working properly. I am a newbie to this as I have not done much to open up my vehicles in past. But felt compelled when my two back windows died on the same day and not wanting to pay someone a bunch of cash to fix them. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my remote fob working and was able to listen to the door more closely. I did not hear a sound at the left rear door (actuator) when I locked/unlocked doors, so I am assuming that the actuator was not activated (power not reaching left rear door actuator). This leads me to believe that this is a wiring issue. I will check the wires more closely to see if there is any damage and that the connectors are free of issues.

·
Registered
207 Posts
...when my two back windows died on the same day and not wanting to pay someone a bunch of cash to fix them.
Two windows indicate a bigger problem - maybe review a wiring diagram to determine where the wires split from a mutual harness.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,856 Posts
Check fuses. If I remember correctly each power window has its own fuse.

Additionally if you get to the point of diagnosing it down to a wiring issue, the insulation on the wire may look good but the conductor within may have broken. This would happen more often in an area where things bend such as the rubber boot between a door and the chassis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Two windows indicate a bigger problem - maybe review a wiring diagram to determine where the wires split from a mutual harness.
No, it was window actuators. They both died on the same day. One got stuck first and then the other died shortly after. Replaced the actuators and the windows are all working great now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts