Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

LED Turn Signal Hyperflash for 2008 Honda Pilot EX-L

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Daltongang 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello: I've been following the posts about the hyperflash issue for the Honda Pilot. In researching this issue there are two options to convert the incandescent bulbs to LED bulbs. Option #1 is install resistors for each of your turn signal bulbs both front and rear. The downside is that they create a lot of heat and you don't want to install close to any plastic or wires. Option # 2 is to install an LED flasher relay in the fuse box. This is the route I chose. I have enclosed several PDF files showing which flasher relay I bought along with the drivers side fuse box. This box is difficult to access as it ison the drivers side but also on the back side of the panel (the front side is where the fuses are located). I opted to have my local garage install the flasher relay. Anyway today I have successfully installed all LED turn signals both front, side and back.PS-I purchased the EP34 Electronic Flasher unit from SuperbrightLED.com

#2 ·
Too much personal info those pdf :p

I agree those that fuse is difficult to access, when I did mine I ended up with at least 3 small cuts on my hand. Best way to do it is to remove as much connections as possible, all those connectors are proprietary so you can't really mess up when putting it back together.

If you decide to install a LED bulb for your stop light, you'll have to install a resistor, otherwise "BRAKE LAMP" light will come on in the dash board. They do sell bulbs now with built in resistor, but that resistor will just heat up the bulbs inside the housing, I'm not sure if they're any better.

#3 · (Edited)
To fix the Hyper Flash for the turn signals and hazard flash activation, the flasher relay only needs to be changed to an "EP34" LED compatible relay module. Novita / Tridon make this, and it can be found for about $12 USD at any auto parts store such as AutoZone, Advanced Auto Parts, and O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Tridon / Novita EP34 LED Flasher Relay for LED Turn Signals

The EP34 specifications are listed as follows:
  • 12 Volt applications
  • LED compatible
  • 3 terminals (B, E, L)
  • 1 to 6 Lamps
  • 162 Watt / 13.5 Amp max
  • Must fuse battery input lead
  • For car/truck trailering
Technology Electronic device Circuit component Electronics accessory Electronics
Product Technology Electronic device
Diagram Circuit component Passive circuit component Line Technology

Attachments

#4 ·
OK, this is one of the newer posts I've found on the subject of "hyperflash" aka "hyper flash".
I have a 2012 Pilot and am trying to determine if it has a "Flasher Relay" that I can replace to correct the issue.

1. Does a 2012 Honda Pilot have a turn signal relay that can be replaced to correct for LED bulbs?

2. If yes, where EXACTLY is the “relay”?

I will try a visit to an auto parts store. Hopefully, I will find someone there that can answer those questions but I'm skeptical of having such luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.