Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a rocker switch to control my under lights. You can use the switch to control pretty much any accessory. I used a DPDT rocker switch On-Off-On. First position is on at any given point even when the car is off. Second position is off. Third position is on only when the doors are open or when the unlock button on the key fob is depressed.

Technology Symbol

Here is the video on how I did it.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Was it you or a YouTube algorithm that blurred out the naughty thing?

Did I miss where you show the under lights in action?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was it you or a YouTube algorithm that blurred out the naughty thing?

Did I miss where you show the under lights in action?
No I blurred that out myself in case youtube or someone flags the video.

I watched the video and you did miss where I show the under lights in action because I forgot to make one. Oops. I will make one today.

Sure would help if I show what I'm trying to do. Thanks for pointing that out. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This switch looks like a multi-position rocker switch. You are directly tapping the load circuit. If you get shorted (potentially at 9:59), uh oh. Wrap extra duct tape to that section. Be careful when you replace bad bulb, you could short the main circuit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This switch looks like a multi-position rocker switch. You are directly tapping the load circuit. If you get shorted (potentially at 9:59), uh oh. Wrap extra duct tape to that section. Be careful when you replace bad bulb, you could short the main circuit.
Thanks for the heads up. I will add some duct tape or electrical tape or a small wire loom if I can find one small enough. Maybe I will try to add another inline fuse. Don't want to short something out.

·
Registered
10,323 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you think an Add-a-Fuse kit might work with your setup?

Amazon.com : add a fuse

I did use that type power source in position 1. See video (11:31)
I was thinking of adding this type of fuse (Fuse Holder In-Line Waterproof Auto Mini Blade ATC 10A/15A/30A 10AWG Wire US | eBay) to the power source in position 3.

·
Registered
10,323 Posts

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
Nice, now we have an idea of what this is all for. Or course when the fruits of your labors will really shine (literally) is when it's dark out.

BTW, you forgot to blur the naughty thing at around 1:45. Don't let YouTube demonetize you.

Noticed you have a lighted Guam hitch receiver plug. Went ashore in Guam for a bit on the way back from Micronesia, Australia and Papua New Guinea on a Japanese university research vessel in the early '90s. Long story, so I won't bore you with it. Nice place, as I recall.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice, now we have an idea of what this is all for. Or course when the fruits of your labors will really shine (literally) is when it's dark out.

BTW, you forgot to blur the naughty thing at around 1:45. Don't let YouTube demonetize you. View attachment 143756

Noticed you have a lighted Guam hitch receiver plug. Went ashore in Guam for a bit on the way back from Micronesia, Australia and Papua New Guinea on a Japanese university research vessel in the early '90s. Long story, so I won't bore you with it. Nice place, as I recall.
Nice catch. I wish I was monetized by YouTube. Maybe one day. We will give that few seconds of naughtiness a freebie. I live on the edge ;).

Oh nice travel. Yes I'm from Guam. Beautiful place :cool:.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts