Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all have a 2017 blue EX-L & I am looking to install a light bar. Will the bar have much effect on improving the crappy head lights? looking @ driving style. Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
I saw VAST improvement in the headlights by swapping out to LED's..... I also swapped out the driving (fog) lights and all of the interior lights. OH, also the back up lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw VAST improvement in the headlights by swapping out to LED's..... I also swapped out the driving (fog) lights and all of the interior lights. OH, also the back up lights.
I haven't had good luck with LED bulbs, that why I started to look at bars. Thinking about installing a 20" bar into the lower grill, trying to get some feed back from anyone who has installed one & to see what light pattern did they buy. Thanks:smile:

·
Registered
712 Posts
I haven't had good luck with LED bulbs, that why I started to look at bars. Thinking about installing a 20" bar into the lower grill, trying to get some feed back from anyone who has installed one & to see what light pattern did they buy. Thanks:smile:
I would only use a light bar that is claimed to meet the federal standards for a fog or driving pattern, anything else will be inappropriate and blind other drivers during any use other than to supplement the high beams.

AFAIK, only JW Speaker and PIAA have a a bar in that size that has an appropriate beam pattern.

Make sure the bar is properly aimed, the right beam pattern means nothing if it is aimed too high and blinds oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 28" light bar on the lower grill. and it does light up the street. but try putting in HID in the low beams and LED in the high beams and LED or HID on the fog lights. This is my current setup before I had LED on all but turns out HID works better with a projector Headlights. I used OPT7 HID 35w ballast. It was a major improve meant. If you do get HIDs make sure you add some heat shielding for the passenger side ballast because that's where the brake system is and its gets really hot there and will burn out the ballast. I had that happen twice but OPT7 replaced them for free. If you are looking for premium HIDs and dope Foglights message me ill send you more information.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have a 28" light bar on the lower grill. and it does light up the street. but try putting in HID in the low beams and LED in the high beams and LED or HID on the fog lights. This is my current setup before I had LED on all but turns out HID works better with a projector Headlights. I used OPT7 HID 35w ballast. It was a major improve meant. If you do get HIDs make sure you add some heat shielding for the passenger side ballast because that's where the brake system is and its gets really hot there and will burn out the ballast. I had that happen twice but OPT7 replaced them for free. If you are looking for premium HIDs and dope Foglights message me ill send you more information.
Post up some beam pattern pics! I can believe the HID bulb being better in the projector (it seems like Honda halogen projectors generally do well with HID bulbs, if a bit strong on foreground limiting distance). I have my doubts about the high beam and especially the fog lights, so I'd be interested to see the beam patterns that PROVE your claims.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Post up some beam pattern pics! I can believe the HID bulb being better in the projector (it seems like Honda halogen projectors generally do well with HID bulbs, if a bit strong on foreground limiting distance). I have my doubts about the high beam and especially the fog lights, so I'd be interested to see the beam patterns that PROVE your claims.
I will send them hid beam pattern later today and the led high beam pattern. My left foglight is cracked so ill send that beam pattern next week when I fix it. But yea I originally had led in the low beams and the beam pattern was great but i noticed it doesn't throw light out far. it just splatters the light right in front. pretty sure that wasn't a superb explanation but ill send pictures of the led vs hid on low beam if you'd like. But that would have to be also next week.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I will send them hid beam pattern later today and the led high beam pattern. My left foglight is cracked so ill send that beam pattern next week when I fix it. But yea I originally had led in the low beams and the beam pattern was great but i noticed it doesn't throw light out far. it just splatters the light right in front. pretty sure that wasn't a superb explanation but ill send pictures of the led vs hid on low beam if you'd like. But that would have to be also next week.
Nice! Post one up with everything on too (light bar...).

It's great when people come on the forum and profess the greatness of these PNP kits, I prefer to let the beam pattern pics do the talking. I currently have FXR retrofits in my '15 headlights so I'm a little bit biased.

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would only use a light bar that is claimed to meet the federal standards for a fog or driving pattern, anything else will be inappropriate and blind other drivers during any use other than to supplement the high beams.

AFAIK, only JW Speaker and PIAA have a a bar in that size that has an appropriate beam pattern.

Make sure the bar is properly aimed, the right beam pattern means nothing if it is aimed too high and blinds oncoming drivers.
Never stopped anybody around here -

·
Registered
712 Posts
Never stopped anybody around here -
Or around here, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't encourage the proper use of lighting on vehicles.

I love the guys that run the light bars at dusk with the parking lights, like that's not blinding people at all.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
That set up is sweet. Are you using switchbacks for your turn signals? Which brand if you are? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My whole set up is morimoto and the light bar is some cheap amazon light bar for like $40. If you aren't sure what to get their website lets you choose the car you have and it will give you everything you can buy for that car. But yes I am using switchbacks and I just finished them. They used to stay amber for some reason now its all fixed.

https://www.morimotohid.com
The switch back:
http://www.morimotohid.com/7443-morimoto-x-vf-led.html?preselect=52041,51312

1 - 20 of 21 Posts