Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights are all scuffed and I’m planning on refinishing em, but when I do it I’d like to switch out bulbs to LED. I think I need to have them balanced or pointed in the right direction too so they dont blind other drivers. Anyone do this upgrade to their Honda Pilot and have tips or brands of bulbs they recommend?

I opened hood and tried to check out replacing the bulbs yesterday but one seems pretty difficult to get to as well (shorter girl here without a lot of arm length to get into the headlight assembly). Will I have to take anything off to replace the bulbs?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I bought a retrofitted pair from a member on here and had to open them up to fix some things but I have PNP LEDs (Supernova V3 from Headlight Revolution) in the Traverse. I SV3's are an excellent PNP bulb, they did not alter my beam pattern at all and provided a noticeable improvement over stock in terms of brightness and throw without any glare. They also provide a more premium look to the vehicle.

BUT when I follow my wife home and she's in the Pilot the FX-R retrofit is just an absolute beast and makes what I thought are good headlights seem pathetic. A retrofit is absolutely the best way to go, but if you have to go PNP I've found the SV3s to be good.

Check out Headlight Revolutions youtube channel, they test TONS of bulbs in their videos and it really gives you a good idea of which brands are good and which are crap.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did a complete swap to LEDs, including the amber turn signals up front. I didn't need to adjust anything, just plug and play. Although to be honest I had to take apart the whole front bumper to get to the fog lights, and it made it easier to replace the headlights with the whole light assembly off. I think its worth it to swap to LEDs, I like to difference a lot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did a complete swap to LEDs, including the amber turn signals up front. I didn't need to adjust anything, just plug and play. Although to be honest I had to take apart the whole front bumper to get to the fog lights, and it made it easier to replace the headlights with the whole light assembly off. I think its worth it to swap to LEDs, I like to difference a lot.
Can you share a photo of how they look at night? Been thinking of doing the same.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ugh, I don't know of any LED bulbs that don't annoy other drivers...........our headlights are not designed to direct them the right way. I have a buddy with them. Asked him if they blind other drivers, and he said they were fine......he followed me for a bit after work one night to show me. Yeah, they were obnoxious!!!! :ROFLMAO:
Despite the bad reviews of Silverstars ie not true white light, too blue and shorter life, I bought some that were on sale and replaced my lows and high beams and they are a great upgrade from stock and they are directed the right way ie do not blind other drivers. .

Good read about bulbs in general. This guy knows his stuff:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts