Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wow that looks amazing! I really wish Honda had added these from the start. especially since they already have an led light for the daytime running light. That makes me wonder if you can just change the color of the light since it's an "led".

·
Registered
113 Posts
That makes me wonder if you can just change the color of the light since it's an "led".
LED colors are determined during the manufacturing process. LED strips that emit multiple colors have multiple LED chips to perform that. 'In-between' colors are produced by emitting multiple separate chips at various intensities.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that looks amazing! I really wish Honda had added these from the start. especially since they already have an led light for the daytime running light. That makes me wonder if you can just change the color of the light since it's an "led".
Agreed. Honda should have added from the start. Maybe in the fourth gens.

·
Registered
813 Posts
LED colors are determined during the manufacturing process. LED strips that emit multiple colors have multiple LED chips to perform that. 'In-between' colors are produced by emitting multiple separate chips at various intensities.
Ah thanks for letting me know! I've always wondered why more car manufacturers didn't put both orange and white within one LED strip.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Agreed. Honda should have added from the start. Maybe in the fourth gens.
I'm hoping they do, but based off all of their current cars which don't have that, I doubt it will get that. They'll probably have the turn signals the same way they do in the CR-V and Accord. At least that's better than how the turn signals are currently, in a separate housing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
sequential lighting has hard requirements to pass as the sole emitters for the intended purpose. Similar reason to why the Audis have sequential and traditional turn signals for the rear in the US. In Europe, only the sequential are used for turn signals in the rear. It has to do with the amount of illumination when that first LED/bulb starts to illuminate; US has a requirement for brighter illumination.

The amount of developmental costs that go in these are high and may not favor non-high-end makes and models.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sequential lighting has hard requirements to pass as the sole emitters for the intended purpose. Similar reason to why the Audis have sequential and traditional turn signals for the rear in the US. In Europe, only the sequential are used for turn signals in the rear. The amount of developmental costs that go in these are high and may not favor non-high-end makes and models.
Good Food For Thought

1 - 8 of 8 Posts