Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver and passenger seat cushions aren't in very good condition. No tears, but quite cracked. I've been trying to maintain them as well as possible, but I think they need to be replaced. I am sure the foam (or whatever is there) is tired and could use replacement as well. Is it possible to replace the seat insert and not the entire seat? I would probably just order it online because I don't want to be yelled at for going to a junkyard (and leather seats are hard to find in good condition). I've searched online and can't really find much info that's helpful to me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
419 Posts

also, new OEM covers show up on EBAY as well..hit and miss.I am using tape from Amazon to patch cracks in the driver seat:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

also, new OEM covers show up on EBAY as well..hit and miss.I am using tape from Amazon to patch cracks in the driver seat:

So does that mean that I can take the seat insert out?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,165 Posts
I highly doubt the seat covers have foam included with them. One option is find an upholstery shop and see if they can replace the foam, then you install new covers over it.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I highly doubt the seat covers have foam included with them. One option is find an upholstery shop and see if they can replace the foam, then you install new covers over it.
can the lower seat cushion be removed to swap the covers or have the foam replaced? That’s mainly what I’m looking for instructions on how.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,165 Posts
Looking at the diagram the cushion and covers are different P/N’s, which makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint. Install padding, then place covers over padding and secure cover in place.

I imagine the seat bottom removal steps would be similar to this. You would need to disconnect battery negative and wait a five minutes before messing with any yellow wire harnesses on your Pilot as those are part of the SRS system.

Reactions: Jack Vogt

·
Registered
419 Posts
So does that mean that I can take the seat insert out?
you would remove the old seat cover, save the foam, install the new seat cover. LSEAT also sells the pliers and hog rings.

this video looks helpful for the task - its a little rough (for installing a heated seat)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you would remove the old seat cover, save the foam, install the new seat cover. LSEAT also sells the pliers and hog rings.

this video looks helpful for the task - its a little rough (for installing a heated seat)

Awesome. Super helpful. Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts