Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this should be over in "Problems".....but here goes anyway...

I was at a dealer last night (getting closer!!!) and happened to check out the S2000 in the showroom....and recalled a thread about little fuzzies making their way through the holes in the leather seat of the pilot. The S2000 seemed to have a similar fabric, so I checked it out.....Lo and behold - Fuzzies - just like in one of the pictures posted somewhere on this board a while back.

This may not be news to some of you, but I figured I would post anyway.

So it seems that the fuzz problem is not just with the Pilot.

It doesn't see very noticeable, by the way, and that was with light fuzzies on black leather. I would imagine with lighter colored leather it would be less noticeable......

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
They go away after a week or two (Ok, maybe longer, but it is not a problem to be concerened about. (unless you plan to show the car rather thn adrive it.)

·
Registered
411 Posts
It's also been a problem with the MDX. Most report that it seems to go away after a few months.

Does anyone know the purpose of the holes? (The Odyssey leather does not have the holes. )

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
JungleJim said:
It's also been a problem with the MDX. Most report that it seems to go away after a few months.

Does anyone know the purpose of the holes? (The Odyssey leather does not have the holes. )
I would guess the holes are intended to provide some ventilation and a little extra comfort.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
JungleJim said:

Does anyone know the purpose of the holes?
they freshen the mouth;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
The real story on the little holes ...

:rolleyes: Actuallly it is a subliminal advertisement for the movie "Holes" which is opening this week! Big Brother is everywhere!
JL

·
Registered
310 Posts
Infinities have the fuzz

I was at an infinity dealership a couple of weeks ago and at least one of their cars on the showroom floor had fuzz through the leather holes as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
alternative to fuzz

I opted to have aftermarket classic soft trim leather installed instead of the factory leather. I had the choice of perf or non-perf leather and I liked the look and feel of the smooth leather without the holes and no fuzz. Look back on my earlier posts for photos if you are interested. I ordered the EX with cloth and had the leather put on before I took delivery. The dealer worked with me and the shop that did the leather install
Bob:2: :2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts