Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and trying to seek out some information about pricing people are seeing in the 2004 model for cloth versus leather.

I am from Washington State and have recieved quotes at about $1000 below MSRP on both the leather and cloth models. Has anyone else recieved similar or better quotes?

I am also interested in people's views of buying leather versus cloth on the Pilot.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I say personal choice....;)

best of luck

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) leather! try spilling coffee or chocolate and cleaning it will be a pain!

·
Registered
51 Posts
And if you ARE going to try it, spilling coffee or chocolate, preferable doing it on a dealer's demo Pilot... :2:

To answer your question, I pre-ordered a 2004 EX cloth around July, based on no knowledge of what's going to be updated on the 2004 models. With the new heated seat and mirror, I can see me go either way. I agree, it's a personal choice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gotta say Leather. It's a matter of personal preference. I've got leather in my acura and cloth in my pickup. Since I am trading in my pickup, we held off and pre-ordered an 04 with leather(b/c of the heated seats) for our new suv. :roadtrip:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Leather, IMO it just makes the Pilot's interior look much more substantial (remember IMO). I have 2 little ones and cleaning up after them would seem easier with leather.

Secondly, the heated seats and mirrors are great when things start freezing up on you :)

Thirdly, the wife said get everything I want now. She didnt want to hear me complain about I shoulda coulda and all that jazz later on down the road:p

I bought my EX-L last Sat for $1,000 over invoice in So. Cal.

Good luck!

·
Registered
74 Posts
We have dogs that ride with us. Have you ever seen what their claws do to leather?

So we get cloth and one of the little ****s proceeds to cut a slice in the pleather covering on the center console. Figures...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Obviously a personal choice...

We went with leather for two reasons...

1. Easy to clean, we have a one year old that is constantly thinking up new things to spill, and the leather is an easy clean with a decreased likliehood of allowing the spill to soak down to the seat padding, where it would forever live and emit odor

2. Not a fan of the pattern Honda uses on the cloth...would prefer a monochromatic look, we thought that their pattern was a little busy

3. (OK I lied)... Had we the opportunity to get a 2004 with heated seats..it would have a slam dunk...:mad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went with leather

I decided for leather as I bought 2004 model. Also I have 3 kids in car and booster seats. My accord with cloth has chocolate and who knows what stains on the seats. I hope leather will be easy to clean. Well, in some people's opinion it is not leather any way but pleather.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I guess I'm the only one on the opposite end. My last two cars were leather and I chose cloth this time. I had 2 kids in car seats in my last car and leather wasn't our friend. Perhaps this was because it was beige. I ended up with numerous sratches, wear marks and stains. I find the cloth to be more durable and easier to clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts