Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Honda Pilot has 55,000 miles. The leather on the door armrest is wrinkled and has started to rip. Also the center console has started showing signs of loosening also. Has anyone else had this problem. Dealer says it won’t be covered because warranty is up. Want to charge $194 to fix armrest and $281 to fix console. I think this has to be a factory defect. Would appreciate any info.

·
Registered
130 Posts
About $140 in oem parts. I am sure you can tackle it yourself. There are ebay replacements in leather but from others it doesnt seem they color match exactly.

·
Registered
844 Posts
My 2015 Honda Pilot has 55,000 miles. The leather on the door armrest is wrinkled and has started to rip. Also the center console has started showing signs of loosening also. Has anyone else had this problem. Dealer says it won’t be covered because warranty is up. Want to charge $194 to fix armrest and $281 to fix console. I think this has to be a factory defect. Would appreciate any info.
My 2012 with 128K has no signs of wear on the door armrest. My center armrest has no signs of wear either. BUT, I clean these surfaces weekly with interior detailer. It's the pressure of elbows mixed with the oils / soaps in your skin that do the damage. I tend to not to put lots of pressure on my elbows when resting. That being said, these are common wear points of the Pilots interior and you can buy leather replacement parts from Amazon and eBay.

Amazon.com: Gray Leather Front Door Panels Armrest Covers Fits 2009-2013 Honda Pilot (Leather Part Only): Automotive

Amazon.com: Fits 2009-2013 Honda Pilot Synthetic Leather Tan CONSOLE LID ARMREST COVER (Vinyl Part Only): Automotive

2pcs Leather Front Door Panel Armrest Cover Fits for Honda Pilot 2009-2013 Black | eBay

Leather Center Console Lid Armrest Cover Fit For 2009-2015 Honda Pilot Black | eBay

Leather Armrest Center Console Lid Cover Fits for Honda Pilot 2009-2015 Black | eBay

·
Registered
167 Posts
I did the leather replacement on the driver-side armrest myself, from sources such as golftango suggested. A bit of a PITA, but quite do-able if you can follow instructions. The shop manual has info on how to remove the armrest, and there are you-tube videos showing how to replace the leather.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2005 and the center armrest was "wrinkled" pretty bad. It was like the leather had shifted and the got stuck in that position. I had it recovered along with a headliner replacement. The armrest was $75 and the headliner was $375.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts