Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ordered and used Zaino leather care products? Or anyone have a recommendation? I don't want anything sticky or greasy, but would like something with a light cleaner and conditioner (it that's needed).

Suggestions?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been using the Armor All Leather Wipes once a week (2 kids)...It is working great so far and dries very quickly.....It literally takes only 3 minutes to get all the seats covered (2 cleaning wipes for entire interior)....This is my first vehicle with a leather interior and I love it!!!!...--waxpilot

·
Registered
56 Posts
"Hide Food"

My dealer's service manager restores old cars and swears by the stuff.

I know it's only sold here in Vancouver at the Rolls Royce and Ferrari dealerships ........... if it's good enough for 6 figure vehicles, it's probably pretty good for the Pilot !

Probabl available somewhere on the net, but I haven't checked yet.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Lexol, and Hide-Food

Check out what high-end cars and furniture places recommend.

Lexol, and Hide-Food

·
Registered
509 Posts
Meguiars

I like Meguiar's Leather Care. They used to make it in a bottle and you had to apply it using a cloth and then buff with another cloth, but I picked up a spray from them at Target a couple of weekends ago. You just spray this stuff on and buff off. Much easier...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
waxpilot said:
I've been using the Armor All Leather Wipes once a week (2 kids)...It is working great so far and dries very quickly.....It literally takes only 3 minutes to get all the seats covered (2 cleaning wipes for entire interior)....This is my first vehicle with a leather interior and I love it!!!!...--waxpilot
Armor All has never been a good product to use ... just my opinion.

:4:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
jfrano said:
\

Is there any particular reason for this?
The reason I was told is that the formulant of Armor All has a tendency to dry out and crack. Like medicated lip balm ... Your lips grow dependent upon the medication in the lip balm requiring constant application. Have you noticed, when you stop using it your lips a dried out worse than before ... Armor all will do the same to your plastics, vinyl and leather ... As long as your willing to apply weekly then no problem ...

PrG

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agreed ... Armor All is not good for leather. I don't think good auto detailing shops use Armor All, as it has alcohol or something similar that will dry out leather, as mentioned in previous posts.

Lexol has an excellent leather cleaner & conditioner (any vinyl cleaner). A lot of folks who own saddles use it! Have heard good things about Zaino cleaner as well, but haven't used it myself.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hate To Be The Meguiar's Guy!

Agreed on the Armor All posts. Stopped using their products years ago. The only thing I do still use is their tire foam - but I don't use it on the tires. I really hate the dingy grey look of the wheel wells when they're dirty, so after cleaning the car, I like to spray a little Armor All tire foam directly into the wheel wells. Makes everything nice and shiny black. To the best of my knowledge, there's really no rubber in there on the surface, that I should have to worry about harming.

I mentioned in a previous post that I use Meguiar's leather cleaner in the spray bottle. Just cleaned the seats in my '98 Accord EX-V6, and in my opinion, it did a great job. I hadn't cleaned the seats in a while, so I think I'll have to go back over them again, because there was a couple tough spots.

I understand want to use the Armor All wipes because they're really convenient, but I also noticed that Meguiar's makes their leather cleaner in a wipe too (black conainer). You might want to try these as an alternative to Armor All. Meguiar's has a long standing tradition in the care care industry, and I have used their products exclusively for many years now, and have never had a problem or a complaint. Then you can go with a safer alternative, and still maintain the ease of using a wipe.

Hope this helps!

Almost 47 days left!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts