Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2006 EX with 120K on it. Was looking for something else with decent third row room so a year and a half ago purchased a 2014 enclave.
Really nice and extremely luxurious truck.
That was the good news, Bad news was Several problems, not the least of which was a continual weird transmission lag with a slamming noise if you accelerated from a low-speed roll.(Of course the dealer could not replicate the problem) Then electrical problems culminating in a $950 estimate for a new fuse box at 62,000 miles.
We came to our senses and got a 2019 EXL, what a fantastic vehicle!
I should’ve known from my 2006 and lack of problems I’ve had with it that you can’t beat Honda products!
Greetings to all my fellow pilot owners we still have our 2006 also!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Welcome again!

We bought our '15 Pilot 2.5 yeras ago with 35k on it (now 60k) and our '14 Traverse 1.5 years ago with 85k on it (now 105k). Both have been great for us, I hope they continue to do so.

For the Pilot I added the VCMuzzler to head off any issues with the VCM system, otherwise my only nag with it is on long trips the lowest setting for the auto HVAC is too high and I end up making some manual adjustments. Only applies on trips over an hour or so.

For the Traverse, it has a creaky seat (only at certain temps and humidity levels), a brake pedal creak (again, only certain temps and humidity levels), threw a CEL once ($15 EVAP valve at the throttle body) and some of the most awful transmission tuning out there. But the interior design is way nicer, it has more features available, the seats are tremendously more comfortable (I'm 6'3" and over 300lb, the Pilot seats can be torturous). It also handles better, wider tires, heavier steering and less initial roll. Has more power and torque but with the Honda's excellent transmission tuning I say they cancel each other out.

Overall, we like both and would buy both again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts