Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see what kind of lease payments people have been able to negotiate. Haven't leased before....but might be time to consider that option. Any info you are willing to provide would be helpful. Thank you!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Buy Don't Lease

My best suggestion for you is to BUY your PILOT rather than lease it. My reason for this is, the price is not out of whack and once you get into your PILOT, you're not going to want to part with it after 3 years.

Now, granted-my opinion is biased because I love my PILOT, so if you do decide to go ahead and lease it, DO NOT DO A TERM LONGER THAN 36-MONTHS!!!!!!!

I have not seen any lease deals on PILOTs either, probably because Honda doesn't have to offer any incentives!

Good Luck!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
423 Posts
I always lease my vehicles. I paid nothing aout of pocket, 48 months and payment of $495 which includes GAP Insurance. I did not lease thru Honda. I used a private leasing company. Got a better rate and they provide me a free rent car whenever my Pilot is in for any kind of work. This does not mean you are locked in for 4 years. Other times are available and you can work a lot of options. If you are interested, my leasing company can get you a vehicle in any state. Email me if you want number

·
Registered
23 Posts
Consider Purchase

I do not want to discourage you from a lease, but we had originally intended to lease a Pilot (we were leasing a Jeep Grand Cherokee) and decided to purchase our Pilot. There were a few reasons why we decided to do this:

1) I thought the lease rates were pretty poor ($475-$500) for an EX-L RES for 48 months.
2) I was able to negotiate a very good deal on a purchase, which with a 72 month loan at 5.4% yields a $499/month payment ($0 downpayment).
3) I think the fact that the Honda is not overpriced and will surely hold its value makes it a good vehicle to buy rather than lease, since we should be able to get out of the car at any time and get some of our money back, unlike the lease.

Anyawy, with interest rates so low, I just think considering a purchase might be better. We will probably pay our vehicle off early, but by going with the 72 month loan we were able to keep our payment at basically the same level as a lease, and we actually own the car. With that said, leasing has some unique advantages so regardless of what I said, it still might be the best option for you. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts