Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I traded my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I bought new, (hated the ride, I'll say it again, hated the ride and noise of it) towards a 2019 Pilot.
Must say I Luv it... I am getting up to speed on all the features, one thing seems odd is that I can't operate the power features eg. power windows when on acc mode, is that normal?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm able to use my windows while in accessory mode. Not sure if your Jeep had push button start but on cars with push button start, it's pretty confusing to go from ACC to ON and off again. So from the off position, when you press it once with your foot NOT on the brake it will go into ACC mode. If you do it twice then the car will be ON but engine will be off. If you do it a third time then it will turn off.

It took time for me to learn about the Pilot, but it was a fun experience. I think you should take some time to sit down and learn about your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found out that my accessory will power the windows until someone opens a door, then it disables the power to everything except the radio/LCD screen.. taking it to the dealer next week for a diag.

·
Registered
813 Posts
So the screen stays on when a door is opened? I think this is a setting you can change. For me the screen stays on until the driver door is opened but it won't turn off when other doors are opened.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
I found out that my accessory will power the windows until someone opens a door, then it disables the power to everything except the radio/LCD screen.. taking it to the dealer next week for a diag.
So the screen stays on when a door is opened? I think this is a setting you can change. For me the screen stays on until the driver door is opened but it won't turn off when other doors are opened.
Maybe Honda figures that you may want to sit in the vehicle and listen to music?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts