Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been reading about all the problems some Pilot owners are having and thought I'd post my own.

I noticed that after driving about 350 miles that my fuel indicator was on E and the idiot light was on. :confused: What's up with that??? :confused:

When started on my trip the fuel indicator was on F. Somehow all the gas in the tank had disappeared. I suspect that the fuel system on the Pilot is not a closed system and somehow gas is allowed to empty out of the tank.

I've seen this issue with other cars, trucks, SUVs, etc... and each time the dealer refused to do anything about the problem. They claimed it was normal behavior and all vehicles do this - bah!!!

Why is it rental cars always have full tanks when you pick the up and drive them around and when you return the car and check it out again, the tank is still full - although sometimes the car
is a different color or looks different (not sure how this happens)?

When I was a kid, the family car's fuel indicator sometimes didn't read F. I assumed that was a faulty indicator because whenever we left on trips and I was driving, the indicator read F.

I demand that Honda should recall the Pilot and fix this serious issue and pay me back for all the gas that was lost since I first picked up the vehicle. I calculate this to be somewhere around 250 gallons of gas.

:jester::jester::jester::jester:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Take it back

Yep - clearly something wrong with it. If you check out this thread you will see that yours' is a one-of-a-kind problem!! :2:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
yup take it back....:3: :3:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I suspect that the fuel system on the Pilot is not a closed system and somehow gas is allowed to empty out of the tank.
Nope.. theres an idiot light for that too..

·
Registered
483 Posts
gksmith said:

I noticed that after driving about 350 miles that my fuel indicator was on E and the idiot light was on. :confused: What's up with that??? :confused:

When started on my trip the fuel indicator was on F. Somehow all the gas in the tank had disappeared. I suspect that the fuel system on the Pilot is not a closed system and somehow gas is allowed to empty out of the tank.

I dont understand your complaint, are you saying that after 350 miles of driving on a tank of gas your fuel gauge reads empty? If this is correct, its because you burned all of the gas in your tank. How far do you think you are suppose to go with a full tank of gas? Unless I'm missing something here, this sounds normal.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Leaky gas tank

tonyrwc said:
I dont understand your complaint, are you saying that after 350 miles of driving on a tank of gas your fuel gauge reads empty? If this is correct, its because you burned all of the gas in your tank. How far do you think you are suppose to go with a full tank of gas? Unless I'm missing something here, this sounds normal.
To quote Foghorn Leghorn: "It's a JOKE, son!"

·
Registered
429 Posts
You were missing something its called humor, you should try it sometime! :2: :2: :2: :2:

"JK!"

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
m-mmeyer said:

You were missing something its called humor, you should try it sometime! :2: :2: :2: :2:

"JK!"
ok this was posted in the problems forum....what is the problem...

1.the gas tank,
2.the lack of humor of people reading problem forum ,
3. the person posting humor in problems forum instead of the humor forum
:3: :3: :9: :9: :14:

·
Registered
483 Posts
a little humor

m-mmeyer said:

"JK!"
My bad, I'm a little embarrassed right now, I'll admit it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
GKSmith started a good practical joke and got three victims:

:26: GKSmith :11::mad:colorider

:26: GKSmith :11::mad::mad:ramirami (twice)

:26: GKSmith :11::mad:tonyrwc

·
Registered
483 Posts
opposite problem

I just went to the gas station and noticed that my gauge was stuck on F, damn thing wasnt moving the entire 3 blocks to my house, I guess its time to bring it in and demand service!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts