Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you talking about the tube i circled? Was it easy to get into the other side? Did you remove the intake to do it or were you able to push it through easily?
View attachment 133441
Yeah, that's the tube. It was easy to install but just be sure to line everything up before you tighten it down and you should be fine. You can sort of feel when it's seated on the opposite side (where it connects to the water pump). I didn't have to remove the intake or any of that. You can do it by simply pressing it into the water pump. You'll know it's in there when you try to pull it out and feel resistance. Best of luck with it. Please let me know if I can help with anything else during the procedure. I learned the hard way how to do it right, LOL.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, that's the tube. It was easy to install but just be sure to line everything up before you tighten it down and you should be fine. You can sort of feel when it's seated on the opposite side (where it connects to the water pump). I didn't have to remove the intake or any of that. You can do it by simply pressing it into the water pump. You'll know it's in there when you try to pull it out and feel resistance. Best of luck with it. Please let me know if I can help with anything else during the procedure. I learned the hard way how to do it right, LOL.
Thank You! I probably won't be doing this job for a few weeks but i will post back when I do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I figured out what was wrong. While installing the water passage, the connecting tube slipped down, out of the opening on the water passage. As I tightened the nuts and bolts for the water passage, it smashed the lower part of the flange on the connecting tube. This basically allowed water to just flow right out the bottom of the connecting tube since it was no longer seated in the opening. I got a replacement tube and installed it and everything is back to normal. The only thing I forgot to do was re-install the ground cable bolt. DOH! Now I have to take everything back apart to get to the water passage to install that but at least the leak is finally fixed. One thing I will note...the gasket for the rear portion of the water passage is revised from the original version. I was nervous about installing it because the hole is larger and the shape is somewhat different but everywhere I read about it said it was the correct gasket because the older one was superseded. So if you're changing out gaskets and notice one looks a little different, that's why.
I am half way! got it all apart today. I'll probably put it back together tomorrow or the next day. Do you happen to know what the torque specs are on the bolts and nuts?

Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
16 Posts
G
The bolts and nuts should all be 16-ft.lb.
This image shows all the torque specs: View attachment 133568
Got it all done. Seems to be fixed, still smell coolant but there was a lot that spilled from taking it apart. Pretty easy job. Thanks for the heads up on being careful putting it back together and having the tube in the right place.

·
Registered
29 Posts
G

Got it all done. Seems to be fixed, still smell coolant but there was a lot that spilled from taking it apart. Pretty easy job. Thanks for the heads up on being careful putting it back together and having the tube in the right place.
No problem. Glad you got it done. You'll probably smell coolant for a while as it burns off but it should go away eventually.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts