Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out driving my 2004 Honda Pilot and noticed the brakes weren't working properly then the brake light came on the dash to let me know the fluid was low. I had it towed home and found the leak. Any recommendations for fixing it? Its a bit odd because the passenger side line looks pretty clean compared to the drivers.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Any recommendations for fixing it?
Yes, recommendation no. 1) Do it right away before driving anymore.

A brake line leak is like Texas: Don't mess with it.

If you DIY or take your Pilot to a trusted mechanic, you can get your brake lines here for a decent price. Favor the ones with the little red hearts next to them.

2004 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Hydraulic Hose | RockAuto

And take advantage of your Piloteers 5% discount.

5% Discount Code: 31517DFA058403
Expires: February 12, 2021

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True. Definitely not using compression fittings. It's leaking on the steel line side where its pretty rusty. I need part number 46340-S3V-A00 or I can cut the line back to a clean part of the line and do a double flare I believe its called but it looks like its so rusty I'm probably going to be taking the hose connected to it with it and everything so I'm just trying to figure out at this point the best way of doing it.

Its the rear drivers side so it looks to me its number 5 in the diagram

·
Registered
12 Posts
True. Definitely not using compression fittings. It's leaking on the steel line side where its pretty rusty. I need part number 46340-S3V-A00 or I can cut the line back to a clean part of the line and do a double flare I believe its called but it looks like its so rusty I'm probably going to be taking the hose connected to it with it and everything so I'm just trying to figure out at this point the best way of doing it.

Its the rear drivers side so it looks to me its number 5 in the diagram

Any update here

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
The only update is the Piloteers Rockauto 5% discount code above has expired.
It's so sad when that happens, both no update from the OP and an expired RA code. :(

The silver lining is that if you go back up to post #2 and click on the little upward-facing arrow at the top of the Rockauto quote I inserted, it will take you back to the original quoted post where RA has updated their discount code.

And that, folks, was @plplplpl's Tip of the Day. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts