Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a MY2015 touring and have noticed a steady stream of water from car washes and recent snow storms coming in from the A-pillar. Is this a break in the seal in the window or is it possibly in the trim around the windshield? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sunroof seems to be sealed up nice and snug but did notice windshield trim at the driver side corner is loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The windshield is glued in with an acrylic adhesive. At the same time, the front of the sunroof cavity drains through a hose that runs down through the a-pillar on each side. Look in the forward corners for openings, and GENTLY poke a piece of string-trimmer spring down there to see if the hose is still attached. The sunroof seal is there to cut wind noise and keep the dust down, but it does no more. The water management strategy is exactly that, keeping the water draining through the four corner drain tubes faster than it comes in, so it doesn't overflow in through the headliner.

There are some pictures you can search for in the forum that may help you. You'll remove the cover after disabling the airbag SRS system with battery disconnected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts