Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I currently have a leak in my windshield washer reservoir tank. There is anyway that I can replace the tank without removing the front bumper? I was looking for some videos but the one I found shows how to remove the bumper. Thank you for helping me with this! I really appreciate any suggestion!!

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Hello, I currently have a leak in my windshield washer reservoir tank. There is anyway that I can replace the tank without removing the front bumper? I was looking for some videos but the one I found shows how to remove the bumper. Thank you for helping me with this! I really appreciate any suggestion!!
Has the tubing been disconnected anytime recently? I had a leak and discovered that when I reconnected it, I did not push the tubing on all the way before slipping the clip over the end. It was half clipped on.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Yes there is, I posted a video here recently showing you how, when I find it I'll put a link to it here. Hang loose, I'll be right back.

[EDIT] Here it is, you have to move the PS reservoir out of the way.
(42) Whining Noise "Help It comes and goes" | Page 2 | Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums (piloteers.org)

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Yes there is, I posted a video here recently showing you how, when I find it I'll put a link to it here. Hang loose, I'll be right back.

[EDIT] Here it is, you have to move the PS reservoir out of the way.
(42) Whining Noise "Help It comes and goes" | Page 2 | Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums (piloteers.org)
That ‘12 alternator video you posted (which I can’t stop laughing about) with Astral Auto repair goes into moving the PS and windshield reservoir in their quest to get to the alternator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has the tubing been disconnected anytime recently? I had a leak and discovered that when I reconnected it, I did not push the tubing on all the way before slipping the clip over the end. It was half clipped on.
Thanks, but no... the tank is the one that leaks...

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
My dad was a great carpenter and home improvements kind of guy.....................

..............he'd have said:

'Just Caulk it!'

Reactions: road2cycle

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,835 Posts
If you have a bore scope you could try to identify the leak point. Then you could have replacement parts on hand to make it a same day removal and repair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts