Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving in the rain, I noticed a steady drip coming from the grab handle by the driver attached to the ceiling in the cab. Does anybody know if this comes from the rain rail that runs down the length of the roof and under the roof rack? This is new to me, and I noticed the trim piece in the rain rail was bulging up some.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Cover that bulging trim piece in the rain rail with some water resistant tape then have someone simulate your own rain shower while you wait and see in the driver seat. If the bulging trim piece is the problem get some black caulk and seal it up.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
Could very well be rusting and cracking roof metal at or under the windshield seal in the top corner. Water starts to enter there when it rains and travels to where gravity finds a place to leak it out. It's been known to happen.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,177 Posts
As mentioned best method to determine where the water is infiltrating from will be to simulate the rain shower with your garden hose. Start low and move your way upwards to pinpoint the problem area.

Reactions: aggrex and plplplpl
1 - 4 of 4 Posts