Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am anticipating the arrival of what my dealer states my be one of the last 2003 Honda Pilots that they will receive (Sagebrush EXL). Are there any significant changes for the 2004 model (not having a lot of luck finding this information), or significant changes in price? It is obvious (painfully) that there will be no significant discounting on any remaining 2003 (not that I am complaining, the demand is quite realistic...as is my anticipation!), but anyone doing better than 30,300 in the New England area? Any help / advice is much appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
'03 - '04 Differences

We're awaiting the arrival of our Pilot too. From what I've read on the board and from what the dealer told me, I believe the only things that have been publicly announced are: Havasu Blue being replaced with a dark (midnight) blue, Nighthawk Black Pearl will have the option of saddle interior, and some minor electrical (I don't know what they are, I thought maybe Nav & ???) upgrades. Our dealer also told us that the last production date for the '03 Pilot is August 15th!

Good luck finding more info on the '04s, I think all of the members here have used every tool possible to get information on the changes (or lack there of). If you happen to get any reliable info from your dealer (or any other reliable source), please share it immediately!

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
osteome said:
It is obvious (painfully) that there will be no significant discounting on any remaining 2003 (not that I am complaining, the demand is quite realistic...as is my anticipation!), but anyone doing better than 30,300 in the New England area? Any help / advice is much appreciated!!!!
Park Honda in Akron, Ohio was offering $1K off MSRP on a Sagebrush EXL-RES last Thursday. I should have swooped it up, but a trip to Akron isn't that convenient just now, and we'd just gotten used to waiting for a 2004. I wish they'd add side curtain airbags on 2004 but highly doubt it. The most significant change that we're hoping for is the ability to adjust the 2nd row seats forward to make entry into the 3rd row easier. This rumor seemed to have a dealer behind it so it might be more realistic. Some people also believe heated seats may make it into 2004 EXL models.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Re: '03 - '04 Differences

rtrypilot said:
Our dealer also told us that the last production date for the '03 Pilot is August 15th!
A dealer told us we can have our 2004 (Sagebrush EXL-RES) sometime in August, the 2nd week in September at the latest. Does this sound realistic?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: Re: '03 - '04 Differences

robrecht said:

A dealer told us we can have our 2004 (Sagebrush EXL-RES) sometime in August, the 2nd week in September at the latest. Does this sound realistic?
I ordered my 2004 EXL-RES on 7/17. I was told it would be in by "September". Dealer told me he would give me about 2 weeks advance notice when he knew the exact arrival time.

·
Registered
305 Posts
robrecht

I'm not following this issue of making access to the 3rd row easier. As it is now, the 2nd row tilts foward and then slides all the way forward till it touches the back of the front seat. How can this be made easier? I must be missing something. Please fill me in.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The hoped for second row modification is for variable (as opposed to fixed) location of the second row seating. By providing for variable positioning, you can slightly decrease the available legroom in the second row, benefitting the third row passengers. It isn't an access issue, its one balancing seating comfort for second / third row passengers.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Re: robrecht

Qbrozen said:
I'm not following this issue of making access to the 3rd row easier. As it is now, the 2nd row tilts foward and then slides all the way forward till it touches the back of the front seat. How can this be made easier? I must be missing something. Please fill me in.

thanks.
Sorry, I don't have any personal knowlegde of this rumored upgrade or even much experience about how the current Pilot works. But there was a post about a month ago in which members discussed what a Honda sales manager had heard at some kind of Honda dealer meeting about changes to the 2nd row for better ingress/egress. Here's the thread:
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4584&perpage=15&highlight=3rd row adjustable&pagenumber=1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts