Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be interested to here about positive or negative feedback on Las Vegas area Honda dealer. I am in the market for a Pilot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a very bad experience with Desert Honda.

Using Honda's website, I requested out-the-door price quotes from different dealers for a new 2006 EXL Pilot with Rear Entertainment system, backup sensors & complete tow package. Desert Honda's internet sales person sent me a quote and after 2-3 e-mail exchanges, we agreed on a price. His e-mail specifically stated out-the-door, price with no other hidden costs. I had pre-arranged financing through a credit union.

I go to the dealership at my set appointment time and we go for a test drive. First thing I notice, the SUV has 1500 miles. Told the sales person I don't want that one at all. After the test drive, we looked at another one that had supposedly 6 miles on it but with some dealer-installed stuff on it. We agree on a price for that.

At that point they asked me sign a paper that stated that I agree to what I am getting in the Pilot. There was no mention of backup sensors and complete tow package. These two items are about $2000, including installation. I told the manager that I will sign it once these two items are included. He says ok and then comes back with this multi-part, long credit application. He already knew I have arranged my own financing. He wanted me sign that, which I of course refused.

We are already more than an hour in this process. When I asked the sales person about what was going on, he told me that the cannot sell me the Pilot with the two options for that price that was quoted in e-mails. He pleaded ignorance stating that he did not know that towing package included the PTF and PSF coolers as well, and not just the hitch.

Basically, it came down to them making promises they knew they were not going to keep. They just wanted to get me in their dealership and took their chances. The fact that they wasted my time was really no big deal for them.

I have always been very leery of car salesmen and the ones at Desert Honda further reinforced my skepticism of them.

I did end up going to Honda West and purchasing the Pilot from there, that same day.

·
Registered
808 Posts
mastyle2000 said:
I had a very bad experience with Desert Honda.

Using Honda's website, I requested out-the-door price quotes from different dealers for a new 2006 EXL Pilot with Rear Entertainment system, backup sensors & complete tow package. Desert Honda's internet sales person sent me a quote and after 2-3 e-mail exchanges, we agreed on a price. His e-mail specifically stated out-the-door, price with no other hidden costs. I had pre-arranged financing through a credit union.

I go to the dealership at my set appointment time and we go for a test drive. First thing I notice, the SUV has 1500 miles. Told the sales person I don't want that one at all. After the test drive, we looked at another one that had supposedly 6 miles on it but with some dealer-installed stuff on it. We agree on a price for that.

At that point they asked me sign a paper that stated that I agree to what I am getting in the Pilot. There was no mention of backup sensors and complete tow package. These two items are about $2000, including installation. I told the manager that I will sign it once these two items are included. He says ok and then comes back with this multi-part, long credit application. He already knew I have arranged my own financing. He wanted me sign that, which I of course refused.

We are already more than an hour in this process. When I asked the sales person about what was going on, he told me that the cannot sell me the Pilot with the two options for that price that was quoted in e-mails. He pleaded ignorance stating that he did not know that towing package included the PTF and PSF coolers as well, and not just the hitch.

Basically, it came down to them making promises they knew they were not going to keep. They just wanted to get me in their dealership and took their chances. The fact that they wasted my time was really no big deal for them.

I have always been very leery of car salesmen and the ones at Desert Honda further reinforced my skepticism of them.

I did end up going to Honda West and purchasing the Pilot from there, that same day.
and hopefully you drove your brand new pilot from honda west by desert honda and honked and waved to them! ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went with Honda West best price of three Vegas dealers and easy to deal with. All three dealers had a very limited supply of AWD with NAV models. Got a Steel Blue one for $1,700 below invoice. Tried every way we could to get a white one none to be found in Vegas.

·
Registered
250 Posts
First, yes, I know this is an extremely old thread! But, the "Nevada" subforum is nearly empty so I didn't think a bump would much matter.

I tried dealing with all three local places, Honda West, Both Findlay Honda's, and Desert. Findlay is the only place that would actually talk numbers over e-mail, which I appreciate. I'll probably try Findlay for service just for that reason.

In the end, however, I went to Arrowhead Honda in Phoenix. They saved me $1400 off the absloute lowest price Findlay would accept. I even offered Findlay another $500 just to keep the sale local, but they wouldn't budge, saying "we're still $900 apart." Oh well, service is the biggie anyway. Hopefully Henderson Findaly has a good service department becase the others are too far from my house.

Adam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brought our 2009 Honda Pilot at the Findlay Dealership up in the Northwest Valley off of the 215.

Had no problems purchasing, they gave us a complete tour of the vehicle and showed us items we did not know exist like the rear camera.

Been taking the vehicle in for its scheduled service. I get the little key tag that they punch for free oil changes. I got like 3 of them saved up for future use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts