Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After much contemplation and spending way to much on fishing gear this winter I have decided against the lift for now but it is time for new tires- I will be buying the general grabbers. My vehicle has the original tires with 31k miles presently.
My question is what is the largest I can put on an all original 2007 pilot without any rub?
Thanks for any help!!

·
Super Moderator
15,157 Posts

·
Vendor
173 Posts
As mentioned a 245/70R-16 is a good fit without rubbing and the General Grabber AT2 come in this size as well.

If you buy them from our e-bay motors site you can save $100.00 instantly on a set of 4.

Here is a link to them:

eBay Store | Discount Tire Direct

Makes sure you put in the coupon code at checkout.

Sounds like your tires may be 10 plus years old so it is a good time to get them replaced.

When to replace your tires | Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Discount Tire- Thanks for the response.
Will I get the same price at my local store? If so I will be there monday!

·
Vendor
173 Posts
Brokearrow, to qualify for the e-Bay sale you need to purchase on our e-Bay site and use coupon code ctires317 when you checkout with Paypal.

SHOP NOW: eBay Store | Discount Tire Direct

Sorry, this sale is not available in store, however if you go to the local store they will give you the best price they can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
General Tires

As mentioned a 245/70R-16 is a good fit without rubbing and the General Grabber AT2 come in this size as well.

If you buy them from our e-bay motors site you can save $100.00 instantly on a set of 4.

Here is a link to them:

eBay Store | Discount Tire Direct

Makes sure you put in the coupon code at checkout.

Sounds like your tires may be 10 plus years old so it is a good time to get them replaced.

When to replace your tires | Discount Tire Direct

I just went to purchase and the coupon code has expired. Is there a now one?

Thanks

·
Vendor
173 Posts
Hi, Brokearrow-

The $100.00 eBay promotion ended 3/21 and there are no eBay promotions running at this time.

You can still save though... CarCareONE just kicked off a promotion where you can save $50.00 back by mail with the purchase for four(4) tires; see the link below for details.

Buy Now and SAVE | Discount Tire

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question. If the 245/70-R16 fit was about with and aftermarket 16" alloy wheel 0 offset 4.5 backspace. Any issues adding this? 2007 Pilot EX.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went up a size in Destination A/Ts. Had 235/70-16s, went to 245/70-16s. Wanted to go 245/75 but was afraid it would rub, but after they were installed it looks like I should have gone to the 75s. The 245s definitely look better than the stock size though, as they fill the wheel well a little better and gave a little lift, plus the car just looks bigger. Speedo is now roughly 1mph slow at 70mph, not enough to cause an issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I should note that the only non-oem part on my Pilot are the Monroe load adjusting rear shocks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Pathfinder/Kumho Sport S TA

I just had the Discount Tire brand Pathfinder Sport S TA P245 70R 16 (made by Kumho) put on my stock 16 inch alloy rims and it looks nice and aggressive. Having the Pilot aligned tomorrow but so far it rides much better than the stock 235 Goodyear Integrity tires that were on there. I have driven back roads, highway speeds up to 80 mph, and it handled sharp off ramps with ease. The ride is smooth, straight and true, and with very little road noise considering that they are AT rated tires. I paid $118 each before the added expenses that are expected from DT but had great reviews and a 60K mile warranty. After I have it aligned I am going on a road trip from Charlotte NC, to Charleston SC, and then up to Blowing Rock NC during a week of travel and visiting friends. I should have inclement weather (supposed forecast) on the way to Charleston and a lot of straight highway and curved mountain road driving during the trip and maybe some beach sand driving while on the coast. I will continue with my review/report on their performance when I get back.........stay tuned!
2006 Honda Pilot EXL

·
Super Moderator
15,157 Posts
Goodyear Integrity was well known as an awful tire in rain and snow. Doesn’t take much to do better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
173 Posts
I just had the Discount Tire brand Pathfinder Sport S TA P245 70R 16 (made by Kumho) put on my stock 16 inch alloy rims and it looks nice and aggressive. Having the Pilot aligned tomorrow but so far it rides much better than the stock 235 Goodyear Integrity tires that were on there. I have driven back roads, highway speeds up to 80 mph, and it handled sharp off ramps with ease. The ride is smooth, straight and true, and with very little road noise considering that they are AT rated tires. I paid $118 each before the added expenses that are expected from DT but had great reviews and a 60K mile warranty. After I have it aligned I am going on a road trip from Charlotte NC, to Charleston SC, and then up to Blowing Rock NC during a week of travel and visiting friends. I should have inclement weather (supposed forecast) on the way to Charleston and a lot of straight highway and curved mountain road driving during the trip and maybe some beach sand driving while on the coast. I will continue with my review/report on their performance when I get back.........stay tuned!
2006 Honda Pilot EXL
Thank you for your support. We look forward to hearing how the tires performed during your upcoming trip. Be safe and have fun.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Arrived back home from the 850 mile trip on Thursday and the Pathfinder Sport All Terrain tires were great. Drive to Charleston (Isle of Palms) was fast and dry with speeds upwards of 90 mph with minimal road noise. Had to slam on my brakes at 70 mph when someone brake checked me and the tires handled it like a champ. Left Charleston Wednesday morning in freezing rain and had no issues at all, did not slip once, even over the bridges. Went to Blowing Rock NC for a night and woke up to snow showers and a little ice on the road in front of my friends mountain house which is about 3 miles of curvy and steep streets away from Hwy 321. Again the tires did not slip once on my 2 wheel drive Pilot.
Overall: Very pleased with these tires, especially for the price. I felt very confident in the inclement weather and I'll be damned if they don't look great on the Pilot!

·
Vendor
173 Posts
Arrived back home from the 850 mile trip on Thursday and the Pathfinder Sport All Terrain tires were great. Drive to Charleston (Isle of Palms) was fast and dry with speeds upwards of 90 mph with minimal road noise. Had to slam on my brakes at 70 mph when someone brake checked me and the tires handled it like a champ. Left Charleston Wednesday morning in freezing rain and had no issues at all, did not slip once, even over the bridges. Went to Blowing Rock NC for a night and woke up to snow showers and a little ice on the road in front of my friends mountain house which is about 3 miles of curvy and steep streets away from Hwy 321. Again the tires did not slip once on my 2 wheel drive Pilot.
Overall: Very pleased with these tires, especially for the price. I felt very confident in the inclement weather and I'll be damned if they don't look great on the Pilot!
Thank you for the additional information. Sounds like the tires are working out very good for you. Glad you had a safe trip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts