Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm planning on putting 17" tires on my 2016 pilot. I'm hoping to get a slight lift from it as well. What the biggest tire I can fit that will give me the biggest lift without rubbing?

·
Registered
193 Posts

Wheel KMC BULLY 17X8 38 offset.
Bottom picture before lift: Blizzaks DMV2 245/70R17. No rub at full lock.

Top picture after 2F2R lift: Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S 245/70R 17. There's a very slight rub at full lock over a bolt (see pictures).

I wouldn't go any wider or taller unless you are willing to trim and cut. Also, different tires will fit differently. Cooper Discoverer is very compart for AT tire. For example, FALKEN Wildpeaks will rub a bit more since they are more square/bulkier. 30.5 I the biggest you can go with no or minimal rub depending on the tire and/or lift.

30.5 will fit without lift or with lift (lift might cause a bit of rubbing).

If you want a bigger tire, look up Traxda axle relocation kit which will move the front wheel 1 inch forward. This will allow you to fit 32.1 tire with some minor triming of the plastic in front of the wheel (the back won't rub). Traxda fit 275/65r18.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Flybox1 and kslu_wa, how much clearance did you guys gain, 1 inch?

Awesome looking rides fellas!

·
Registered
2018 EX-L AWD
46 Posts
half an inch, maybe.... Plug your stock vs new wheel sizes into that discounttire link in my first post, and you'll see the difs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts