Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah... I was too lazy to post these earlier, these are pics from the a Pilot pace car in the LA marathon As well as pics of our Pilot when we went to Mammoth in January.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Wow!! Interesting color scheme/design on that pace car!! Any idea how or why they chose the Pilot as the pace car? My first inclination would be that Honda was one of the major sponsors (from the digital clock thing in the background) but why the Pilot and not, say, the S2000 or the 2004 Accord? :6: :8:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kemosabe said:
Wow!! Interesting color scheme/design on that pace car!! Any idea how or why they chose the Pilot as the pace car? My first inclination would be that Honda was one of the major sponsors (from the digital clock thing in the background) but why the Pilot and not, say, the S2000 or the 2004 Accord? :6: :8:
Maybe so that can carry 7 officials:8:

It looks like its pretty packed inside.

Plus Honda was sponsor of the LA Marathon & Acura was sponsor of the LA bike Marathon (that's what I did). In fact in one of the displays... Honda had a Sandstone Pilot with all the factory options... it was pretty nice.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Really striking, good-looking pics! Man, does that Red Rock Pearl look great against the snow!:5:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Mammouth. I was there in Feb. We got a 3 foot storm the day we arrived.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a day of skiing... I decided to leave everyone at the cabin while I went on an errand. It was just an excuse cause I wanted to play with my Pilot in the snow:D

The snow wasn't really deep but the Pilot tackled ice covered steep roads with ease. You would think that there was no ice at all.:D

Now if time permits... my Pilot will go play in the muddy trails of So Cal.:2:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dunno why it stayed that clean after driving it from Diamond Bar to Mammoth. Could be because the dealer talked us into getting that special coating/ wax. But our Pilot has always pretty much been that clean for the last 9000 miles. I can only remember washing it a handful of times... other times it is just covered by dust & the dustbuster can get it off.

On the other hand... I seem to be washing my BMW almost every week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts