Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per idloveaguinness who got jealous of the DC luncheon he (now we) want to start a L. Islanders luncheon somebody suggest to place it on the tri state section so all long islanders will participate.

Now I believe a good place could be Mountak at the lighthouse, I know is not restaurant on the site but could be a pick nick.

Only an Idea

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
on this place at the end of the island

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
I like that idea for two reasons:

1. Hey, it's Montauk
2. I got engaged there in September of 1998 on the beach at the base of the lighthouse - we have been dying to return and take our 15 month old son there.

I also don't like it for two reasons:

1. Summer weekend traffic through the Hamptons - OMG.
2. That's a long drive to ask many people to do....no?

But hey, if there is interest, I'M THERE.

·
Registered
89 Posts
colousa said:
As per idloveaguinness who got jealous of the DC luncheon he (now we) want to start a L. Islanders luncheon somebody suggest to place it on the tri state section so all long islanders will participate.

Now I believe a good place could be Mountak at the lighthouse, I know is not restaurant on the site but could be a pick nick.

Only an Idea
Great scenery! Hope you folks have fun as we did at D.C.

Let us know how your Pilots handle on the sand.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Some thoughts

Montauk is nice, but it may limit the turnout. Maybe someplace a bit further west will make it more convenient for the folks from the 5 boroughs and even other NYC 'burbs (NJ, CT, upstate).

Also, do we want to have a luncheon or a picnic?

Parks we could meet at: Jones Beach, Robert Moses, Eisenhower, Belmont Lake, Valley Stream, etc.

Restaurants: Outback, The Spare Rib, Boulder Creek, etc.

I'll do either one, but if I had pick, I'd lean toward a luncheon.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ilove the food from boulder creek, but which one I know the one on HIcksville but it is in town Brodway mall is not that ....like nice

·
Registered
63 Posts
Considering I'm on the western tip of Long Island (Bklyn), Montauk is quite a distance away. How about Farmingdale? Rte 110 has some large parking lots and is a good mid-point. Does anybody know of a park around there or has access to the campus? How about Jets training camp and exhibition games?

Let's nail down the details and get this shindig started.

Date:
Time:
Place:
WHO: Pilot owners

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Speaking from the perspective of our recent DC area luncheon, it would be nice if you could settle on a place no more than 1-1/2 hours' drive (OK, maybe 2 hours tops) for the majority of your participants. I think it would maximize your attendance because it would keep "logistics" simpler for most folks, especially those wanting to bring young children.

But, I'm not that familiar with LI and how long it takes to travel out from NYC and environs. Are there suitable destinations more on the western side of LI?

·
Registered
178 Posts
How about here:

http://www.jillians.com/

There are two locations on LI - one in Westbury at the Fortunoff Mall (near Roosevelt field Mall) and another in Farmingdale on Rte 110. I'll do either without a blink.

Food, drinks, arcade, bowling, plenty to keep the kids busy. Good parking too.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jlllians is great. Kids love it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great Idea

Jillian's is perfect.

Date: Should it be a Sunday morning to beat Hampton's traffic??
Time:
Place: Jillian's
WHO: Pilot owners

261 Airport Plaza Blvd.
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Phone: 631.249.0708
Fax: 631.249.0108

Hours of Operation
Club Hours:
Sun - Wed:
11:00am - 1:00am

Thurs - Sat:
11:00am - 2:00am

Event Sales Contact
Phone: 631.249.2145
Fax: 631.249.0108

·
Registered
178 Posts
O.K. -

So far we have:

colousa
krygny
ejpnyc
Brian ?
idloveaguinness
laso82 ?

keep 'em coming. I'd like to shoot for at least 10.

I think we should probably get a few more potential attendees before picking a date.....

a Sunday is o.k. with me......say in the 1:00 range?

I know that there was a member (laso82) or two waiting to get their Pilot before attending - but I don't think that should be a deterrant. Please come anyway!! Check out colors and options!!

Let's get this thing together.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
may be if kemo show up people will be start posting for our reunion look like the TRI Piloters are not that friendly:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
colousa said:
may be if kemo show up people will be start posting for our reunion look like the TRI Piloters are not that friendly:rolleyes:
Would any of you New Yorkers consider driving down to the DC area...??? :) Maybe we could try and organize a mid-Atlantic get-together -- I mean, colousa was willing to make the trip down here on June 14th for the DC Luncheon!!! :4:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Could this be any more pathetic?

kemosabe said:
It takes an out-of-towner to bump this thread up on a board with a grand total of 3 threads. And it took me almost 2 weeks to notice. Let it never be said of New Yorkers that we need to curb our enthusiasm. :24: Thanks Kemo, but there ain't no savin' us.

I don't know about the rest you, but I'm just too damn cool and wrapped up in my own pathetic life to bother. :26:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Could this be any more pathetic?

krygny said:

It takes an out-of-towner to bump this thread up on a board with a grand total of 3 threads. And it took me almost 2 weeks to notice. Let it never be said of New Yorkers that we need to curb our enthusiasm. :24: Thanks Kemo, but there ain't no savin' us.

I don't know about the rest you, but I'm just too damn cool and wrapped up in my own pathetic life to bother. :26:
krygny: The tough part of organizing one of these luncheons is keeping the thread going and interest level up -- otherwise, it kind of falls through the cracks... :(

I'll have to admit, a lot of work went into getting the DC Metro Pilot luncheon off, and I was fortunate to have a helper named Ziploc to assist me!!! :)

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Re: Re: Could this be any more pathetic?

kemosabe said:

krygny: The tough part of organizing one of these luncheons is keeping the thread going and interest level up -- otherwise, it kind of falls through the cracks... :(

I'll have to admit, a lot of work went into getting the DC Metro Pilot luncheon off, and I was fortunate to have a helper named Ziploc to assist me!!! :)
Oh, so it's not just us. (Whew!) Well, it may be us, but it's not just us.

Anyway, maybe the Fall will be a better time (folks less busy with vacations, summer activities and such). Or maybe even the Winter. We could pick a rally point, and the first major snow storm, we all just get there. :D That would be a good measure of enthusiasm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd like to attend, but I can only give a definite answer after a date has been established.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts