Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liked the product at one time. Not now. Ride and handling are great.
But these are so squeaky it is like trying to hide the fact when you were a teenager having relations with your girlfriend and did not want your parents to hear the bed squeaking.
I do not recommend KYB strut assemblies.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
What do you think is squeaking? There’s the coil spring in the strut then the strut itself then the bearing plate and then the mounting bolts. Do you think the large nut in the strut bearing plate is not tightened / torqued enough?

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since it is shipped as a one piece unit I never checked the torque of the large nut.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just did mine and had the squeak too but I took it on the beach and once I got home and sprayed with hose it went away. Maybe you have some sand/dirt up there. I'm not fond of how the boot is a stiff plastic. I wonder how much a shop would charge to swap in soft rubber boots?

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just did mine and had the squeak too but I took it on the beach and once I got home and sprayed with hose it went away. Maybe you have some sand/dirt up there. I'm not fond of how the boot is a stiff plastic. I wonder how much a shop would charge to swap in soft rubber boots?
I will try a couple things before I throw in the towel. Our yard is an aggregate area, lots of salt and coke dust, so I will pressure wash it and go from there.
We just had a ship come in, and off loaded salt, so maybe that may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd bet that's it. Let us know if a quick wash fixes it..... One of mine came with the boot on upside down. I'm just waiting for issues on that one.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Love working with spring clamps!

Definitely let us know because I was going to go the lazy route and get preloaded struts when the time came for the Pilot.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Let's see if it squeaks again when it's dirty. Just got back from a beach run and the squeak is back. I'm sure with a rinse it will go away again. Stupid plastic boots!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did you purchase from RockAuto?... I'm about to contact them regarding the upside down boot on mine and curious the right way to go through prompts.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts