Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who replaced their struts and shocks with KYB are you happy with their quality and performance?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,937 Posts
I replaced the rear shocks with KYB many years ago. I’d definitely use them again when the time comes.

Reactions: dougt24

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,937 Posts
And if you do a search on this forum there are many other posts on this topic.

Reactions: dougt24

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Still happy with the KYB rear shocks I got a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
2007 Pilot EX - Taffeta White
9 Posts
Yup, really liked the KYB rear shocks I put in a year ago -- pleasantly firm feeling, noticeably improvement on uneven pavement (even without replacing any other suspension components).

·
Registered
603 Posts
I had a leaky shock on a 2011 as soon as we bought it in 2014. I replaced both rears with KYB. I could not tell a difference in feel from OEM. I guess they are still working fine, no complaints. If bilstein makes a shock for an application, I'd be inclined to use theirs, however.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For those who replaced their struts and shocks with KYB are you happy with their quality and performance?
I had to replace my front KYB struts after maybe 20000 miles. They are not as good as they are made out to be. The only struts available were another set of KYBs so I don't know what the deal is. Unfortunately neither Koni nor Bilstein make a strut for my 2003 Pilot so I am stuck with these. I live in Guatemala which may be a contributing factor but, really, this car is a 4x4 and is supposed to be able to deal with hard driving conditions.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I had to replace my front KYB struts after maybe 20000 miles. They are not as good as they are made out to be. The only struts available were another set of KYBs so I don't know what the deal is. Unfortunately neither Koni nor Bilstein make a strut for my 2003 Pilot so I am stuck with these. I live in Guatemala which may be a contributing factor but, really, this car is a 4x4 and is supposed to be able to deal with hard driving conditions.
What failed on yours that made them require replacement?

·
Registered
25 Posts
What failed on yours that made them require replacement?
The gas leaked out and there were actual dents on the tops. I was quite surprised. Even though I am in Guatemala, I don't beat the hell out of my car. My mechanic is a trustworthy guy so I believe the fault was in the struts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts