Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of tires and my mechanic who I trust with everything recommended Kumho tires so I was wondering if anyone has used these tires? I went to the dealer and they are pushing me into using bridgestones or hankooks. I dont know which one to pick. I am trying to be economical as well

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Go to Tirerack and check out the reviews for the tires you are considering. I am getting Yokohamas installed today since they have decent reviews and don’t cost too much.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I need a set of tires and my mechanic who I trust with everything recommended Kumho tires so I was wondering if anyone has used these tires? I went to the dealer and they are pushing me into using bridgestones or hankooks. I dont know which one to pick. I am trying to be economical as well
For comparison, get a quote for this tire: AltiMAXTM RT43 | General Tire

Also, check the price of this tire: Scorpion Verde™ All Season Plus | All season SUV Tires
Tire Rack currently has it at a special price of $140, and Walmart seems to have it at the same price.

GM dealers will match local store tire prices and have up to a $100 rebate offer (doubled with a GM credit card) on Pirelli (and several other brands) through the end of November.
Tire Offers and Price Match Guarantee | Certified Service

·
Registered
167 Posts
As a general note, Hankook and Kumho (both Korean brands) are generally very good tires, and are OEM on many new vehicles. Unless you have very specific requirements, I would feel totally confident in both. I have Hankooks on my truck (I like them) & recently helped my parents buy some Kumho's for their RX330, so I'm not recommending anything I would not do myself.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I decided with the Kumho's.
So far so good. Thanks everyone for the advice
Little confused if you were going with the original plan in the first place were you hoping to have someone try to say NO THEY ARE DANGEROUS ?
congrats on your tires like XGS said ..what model did you end up getting ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
A lot of decisions and some research should go into replacements but often many don't.

The stock Bridgestone Dueler on the Pilot rate good in Tirerack testing for Dry and Wet but poor for snow and treadlife. Recommendations change based on location. Wife almost wrecked the 3 day old Pilot when we had non forecasted 6" snow. Down south, maybe great tires but short life. Up North, OK for 3 seasons.

Not everybody puts their location on for the forum information or the year / model vehicle. Tire rack and other tire dealers consumer reviews really need to be read and also noted for where they are.

I'm glad your happy with the crugens and I hope they work well for your needs and priorities (Handling, noise, wet/snow performance, treadlife)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to buy tires for our 2011 Pilot LX, OE tire size 245/65 R17, Load Index 107 Speed Rating T. I looked at tire ratings on TireRack and now looking at the Kumho Crugen HT51.... However, these have a higher load index of 111 XL....Just wondering if the Pilot really needs the extra load and if these would be OK to install?? Mostly city and highway driving in Massachusetts, not towing a trailer. The Crugen HT51 has a 70K mileage warranty which seems like a great deal, and are on sale at PepBoys.com, cheaper than Town Fair.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts