Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2005 Honda Pilot with 251,000 miles on it (a lot I know). Just the other day, the car starting making a very loud knocking/tapping sound when it is 1)idling and 2)under ~2500 RPMs. The noise goes away at >2500 RPMs.

I just had the oil changed and the timing belt has less than 50,000 miles on it. However, from what I’ve read, this may be a problem with the timing belt tensioner. Does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
A video where you can hear the sound clearly will help you get more helpful answers.

·
Banned
157 Posts
If it’s a vampire asking to come in, don’t give him permission and you’ll be safe.
Seriously though, it is probably a bad motor mount.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Take the accessory belt off and listen. If the sound is gone then start inspecting idler and tensioner pulley, alternator, PS pump, and AC compressor.

PS: Why can I not spell today???

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Take the accessory belt off and listen. If the sound is gone then start inspecting idler and tensioner pulley, alternator, PS pump, and AC compressor.

PS: Why can I not spell today???
There is no accessory belt what vehicle were you thinking of ?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm pretty sure he is referring to the serpentine belt (AC compressor, power steering, alternator, idler).
Yah i know just trying to see if this was one of those late night I cant sleep what the hell go online moments :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts